• Decal 3

1 7.14%
  • Decal 4

4 28.57%
  • I don't know

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Party Shield Quiz

Article about: I voted for 3, after 15 minutes of staring I didnt like that it was still white where the red chipped or flaked off, but then again what the hell do I know lol

Default Re: Party Shield Quiz

I voted for 3, after 15 minutes of staring I didnt like that it was still white where the red chipped or flaked off, but then again what the hell do I know lol

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Party Shield Quiz
    P
    Many

10 hours remaining

Almost time!!!!!! yay!!!

Final votes?!

?

Let's have it, I have a militaria collector get together to run off to! And I still need to hit the liquor store!

Well, it looks like the Poll is closed. Here are the results:

Party Shield Quiz

When dealing with party decals you need to be like a midget at a urinal and stay on your toes. Party decals are a tricky business, especially those that are paired with SS decals. Below you will find a short explanation regarding each decal, as well as the correct answer to the quiz.

Decal 1 is a good example of how photograph quality can alter color. The white area looks shiny as a result of the flash, this may have thrown a few of you off. Also, if you look at Decal 1, you will notice a application error on the top left black border of the shield. Errors like this are a good sign of an original decal. I think you know where I am going with this... Decal 1 is Original.

Decal 2 is a deceptive son of a gun. I purposefully chose this decal because I knew the coloring would throw some of you off. It is however, very much original. It serves as another good example of how photography can alter the look of a decal....and also how lacquer can affect the look of the decal. Coloring is not the safest characteristic to go by when authenticating decals because of these reasons.

Decal 3 is a pretty straight forward party shield decal. I chose it because I thought the unusual wear might confuse a few of you. An example of this is the "peeling" look at the bottom, and the scuff marks. This decal is 100% original.

Decal 4 is as fake as the results of a Lance Armstrong drug test, and equally deceiving. Congratulations to those 4 of you who spotted it.

Thanks for taking the quiz. I'd like to leave you guys with one final tip. When trying to spot a fake decal among originals....don't look for the fake, look for the originals.

Regards,
    Corey

Even though I thought it was which ONE is correct..
    I recanted and got it right!!!
    YEEAA!!!
    Awesome quiz... Thank you
    Can we do tri colors??

In my opinion tri colors fakes are the toughest fakes to spot outside off SS fakes. Mainly because there are no curves or elegant details.

Corey

Another great quiz - Thanks Corey. I do think these are helping
    us all quite a lot.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast