Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

pls help to authenticate m42 ss helmet q64 serial nr ln 541

Article about: by Bravo 20 This is going to be a real dumb question to all you helmet "vets" out there, but how does one fake a helmet like this? Is a real WW2 helmet used with repro decals? I'm

Default Re: pls help to authenticate m42 ss helmet q64 serial nr ln 541

Quote by Bravo 20 View Post
    This is going to be a real dumb question to all you helmet "vets" out there, but how does one fake a helmet like this? Is a real WW2 helmet used with repro decals? I'm facinated by the subject of someone going through such great pains to create something like this with the intention of fooling collectors. I know that "real" SS helmets command extremely high prices, so I guess there would be a market for such clever fakes. It makes me wonder if at some point in the future what will become of these fakes......will they be eventually accepted as originals? It's an interesting question to ponder.........

In answer to your first question, yes they use an original german shell, maybe even a real liner and strap. And fake decals.
    Second question you answered yourself, because they sell for lots of money.
    Your third question, they already are accepted as originals to those who do not use online forums and have not been collecting since back then.

Hopefully, as more people check items out through reasearch, prior to making a purchase, less of these fakes will be accepted as original. However, some people will be fooled, especially if its a bargain.

Jerry

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement pls help to authenticate m42 ss helmet q64 serial nr ln 541
    P
    Many

?

Jim nailed it I think, a fake EF. Q M42 helmets are exceedingly rare. Never seen one with an SS decal and actually they are always a no decal as they were produced mid to late 44 past the no decal order.

?

thanks to the forum for your help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2