MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

possibility???

Article about: Hi everyone...me again, So a friend of mine sent me a link for a helmet that's for sale...it's an SS M40 ET66 with an only partial decal on it...And as I know I can't tell if it's authentic

Hi, looking a what is left of the decal and that's not a lot! I think this stands a chance of being ok, but as there is so much damage to the decal that "hides" the details to tell for sure I personally would not pay anywhere near the asking price. To be honest, the extent of the damage is so great that I would leave it well alone as you cannot even see the runic style that determines an ET type decal, the only plus points I can see are the soft breaks to the shield and that it appears not to be placed over any pitting. Leon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement possibility???
    P
    Many

Nice. There we go. I've learnt something.... I know jack about SS decals. If you can get it for 300 dollars you're onto a winner!

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    ...the extent of the damage is so great that I would leave it well alone as you cannot even see the runic style that determines an ET type decal, the only plus points I can see are the soft breaks to the shield and that it appears not to be placed over any pitting. Leon.
    Hi Leon, the construction of the pulver, the toning and shield borders give it away instantly that it is an ET. Marry that to the rune placement and visible angles and no question this is an ET.

- - ------- - -

Would be a perfect for an SS helmet cover.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Hi Leon, the construction of the pulver, the toning and shield borders give it away instantly that it is an ET. Marry that to the rune placement and visible angles and no question this is an ET.

- - ------- - -

Would be a perfect for an SS helmet cover.
    Hi Doug, I guess it would be perfect for a SS helmet cover, I just would not pay the asking price for such a damaged decal to show on the shelf as there is no liner either. Your eye sight is better than mine mate, I could see the "soft breaks" and runic placement indicating a good ET, but I could not spot the runes angles at all, maybe I need to go down to the opticians, I haven't been for years!! If it had a liner it would be worth every penny and a bit more, but as it is I would leave it. That said, money and value is all in the eye of the beholder as ever. Have a good one, Leon.

?

Hi Leon, I won't and haven't commented on the price so not sure why your replying on price to me? It's worth whatever someone wants to pay, $5 or $5000, whatever, it doesn't matter to me.

I'm only commenting on authenticity and decal type. I am sure our eyesight is comparable, but it's knowing these decals inside out, upside down and backwards that probably is the difference.

Cheers
    Doug

Evening Doug, just conversation mentioning the price, it is not a comment aimed directly at you as I know you don't care to discuss that subject matter, just there as an opinion for the original poster really, they can take it or leave it as it's their money not mine. As for eyesight, yours is definitely trained to a sharper level than mine on these decals mate, you see stuff through the fog unlike me!! Leon.

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Evening Doug, just conversation mentioning the price, it is not a comment aimed directly at you as I know you don't care to discuss that subject matter, just there as an opinion for the original poster really, they can take it or leave it as it's their money not mine. As for eyesight, yours is definitely trained to a sharper level than mine on these decals mate, you see stuff through the fog unlike me!! Leon.
    No worries Leon, didn't come across.

?

Going by the pics it looks to be a good ET SS decal for me (or at least was).

Runes have been defaced. My guess is most likely post-war done.

Samir

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3