Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Post your SS helmet collection

Article about: I thought it would be a great idea to start a thread on SS helmet collections. If you only have two or even one helmet then no worries! We would still love to see what you have! Here's mine!

?

Default Re: Post your SS helmet collection

Er, in that case Doug, do you think i could take my small piece of inheritance now , because my birthdays in February and im not getting any younger and i daresay you've got a fair few years left in you yet, LOL

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your SS helmet collection
    P
    Many

That's okay davejb I'll take your inheritance for you! I'll uhm.. send you a picture of it!

?

A local pawn shop purchased a mint dd ss helmet last week ... for $1000 ... it so nice the owner is keeping it for himself
    I would love a deal like that.

?

Id like to see that lid, i reckon a few others would as well, especially Doug

Local Guy in town here did the same thing with a SS lot from an old vet; for about $2000 dollars to fix his car!
    Helmet, Collar Tabs, Photos, Paperwork, belt buckle, and medals!

I should of gone into the pawn world.

?

Id like to see the minty DDSS pawn helmet, pawn shop owners typically aren't very well versed in the arcane art of SS helmet identification. That said, you never know. I had a guy drop a chocolate brown Italian camo in my lap once from a Canadian vet - Italian campaign.

Dave if my wife finds out about my latest 2 SS helmets I am dealing on you might just collect on that inheritance early...

?

This pawn guy has been at it for 35 yrs...... I notice the only time he doenst know about something, is when an item is fake ... then he plays stupid (when hes trying to sell it). Over the years he's owned many HIGH end items... including a german general's personal photo album (forget his name) with pages and pages of Hitler photos from the Berghof... also a solid gold 18k ciggarette case from Romel to someone... I've seen the pictures.. quite amazing.
    All his highend items went to the same collector.... He wont tell me his name .. but he was originally from germany and filthy rich... he lives in LA.. and has one of the largest personal collections in the world.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Id like to see the minty DDSS pawn helmet, pawn shop owners typically aren't very well versed in the arcane art of SS helmet identification. That said, you never know. I had a guy drop a chocolate brown Italian camo in my lap once from a Canadian vet - Italian campaign.

Dave if my wife finds out about my latest 2 SS helmets I am dealing on you might just collect on that inheritance early...
    Well one way to get away with it is to place a diamond necklace inside one of the helmets plus two tickets to London and a performance of Les Miserables, gets em every time lol

Quote by NDShooter View Post
    I'm glad that my lady loves the stuff I drag home, she thinks its the greatest thing. Good thing I hold the checkbook! I have to get myself a SS lid also;
    I also hold the checkbook but I usually "can't find it" when she needs it, lol. I'll just keep saving little amounts here and there and in due time a lid will come my way. Besides, if I had to pay child support I'd never be able to save enough so I might as well play nice and save over a longer period of time

Perhaps Hell holds a special place for pawn dealers. I know they have to "make a profit" but $1K for a DD SS lid (assuming it's genuine) from a vet is just wrong on soooo many levels.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast