Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Q ss decal

Article about: As I am a new member here "floating" around I ran across a thread pertaining to fake VS. real Q decals. Yes, the fakes are very good, but not good enough. An easy way for a novice

Default Q ss decal

As I am a new member here "floating" around I ran across a thread pertaining to fake VS. real Q decals. Yes, the fakes are very good, but not good enough. An easy way for a novice SS collector to easily discard a fake Q is shown below. Quite simple really. ALL Q decals, be it the early version on M35 or the later applied on an M40 one obvious characteristic stands out. The lower left "leg" of the rune is wider than the right. It really is very obvious to see. I have posted 2 real Q decals, one from an M35, the other an M40. The fakers have yet to catch this factory "flaw".
    Hope this helps clarify the decal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Q ss decal   Q ss decal  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Q ss decal
    P
    Many

?

Well David, I am very happy that Michael invited you here.
    Thank You for that education. It is this very thing that makes this site a true treasure and I'm glad your on board.
    Much appreciated

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks for the tidbit of advice.

Cheers,

Rockett

Spot on David, good advice and as you say, one of the more noticeable details along with the "un-even" points to the runes on a Quist decal and their lower positioning to the shield breaks which the fakers often get wrong. Leon.

?

I do a fair bit of research on decal manufacturing, especially when it pertains to SS decals. I never really noticed what I'm about to say (shame on me) - I see a clear black outline on these M35 ruins (OP). It looks to be part of the lithography process, another step in the craft. Hmmmmm... Now I need to look at some examples. When you think you may have thought about most of it, you realize you haven't!

Thanks for the post.........!