Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Q68 m35 dd ss

Article about: Hi there all , This helmet is an offer to me . I want some advice about this one . I only see this helmet on picture . These are the only pictures i have . Any respond is welcome . On first

frw legion flandern
    ?

Default Q68 m35 dd ss

Hi there all ,
    This helmet is an offer to me . I want some advice about this one . I only see this helmet on picture .
    These are the only pictures i have . Any respond is welcome .
    On first sight it looks great
    Grtz Pascal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Q68 m35 dd ss   Q68 m35 dd ss  

Q68 m35 dd ss   Q68 m35 dd ss  

Q68 m35 dd ss   Q68 m35 dd ss  

Q68 m35 dd ss  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Q68 m35 dd ss

I have my suspicions about this one, first of all the photographs arent too great, the lighting is quite bad and there arent any good, straight on close up shots of the decals. Some of them are taken at an angle which is a trick commonly used by people when photographing fakes to pass them on as originals. Also the paint inside the helmet beneath the liner doesnt look like its the same age as the rest of the helmet, almost as if whoever has put this helmet together forgot to age the inside of it too. Personally I'd stay away from this one, however I'd love to be wrong

Thanks

Danny

decals are reproductions,,,other issues as noted above,,,i would also pass on this one.,.

Sorry but the decals are fakes I also think the shell was repainted and made to look age.The marks on the shell and decals look very fresh.

yeah i can see the obvious difference in colour on the inside of the helmet underneath the liner, as danny pointed out. That was a good observation.

Regrads,
    Finn

I am by far no expert, but I don't see any metallic in the ss decal, but I'm half blind. so just ignore my opinion. too bad it is a nice looking helmet. I will just back to reading what the people who know have to say.

Graphically decals are the correct type for this helmet , I would request straight on and even better close-ups of both decals and check with other experienced collectors. Doug is on holiday so he can't comment.

There are some good fakes of this type appearing on the market so HQ close-ups may make or break this one. I see it has some sawtooth edges which may need to be closely looked at. For a helmet in this price class a thorough evaluation is required.

Can you tell me the exact lotnumber ?

frw legion flandern
    ?

Hi there ,
    i only have these 2 pictures left from the decals . They aren't well taken , but its the only thing i got from the seller . So now close ups this time guys . Dont have serial NBr
    As from the remarks its better that i leave this helmet alone .
    Grtz pascal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Q68 m35 dd ss   Q68 m35 dd ss  

frw legion flandern
    ?

I just saw the Lot nbr on the picture , its 3287 .
    grtz

?

This is a Q shell correct? I have to say its pushing some of the right buttons for a Q, would like to see non flash glare photos with no blur to them whatsoever and straight on.
    The paint colors appears to be correct in all respects to an M35 Q made about 1939 which would correspond close with the lotnr I believe. The differences some mentioned with the color I believe are because of some very inadequate photography.
    Is there a dated chinstrap and domestamp on this and what is the liner date and mfr?