Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Quist M42

Article about: Hello all! Been reading the forum for a long time already and finally have something to add from me I'm not into helmets at all (that's my first one) + I paid a couple of bucks for this one

?

Default Quist M42

Hello all! Been reading the forum for a long time already and finally have something to add from me I'm not into helmets at all (that's my first one) + I paid a couple of bucks for this one but it really intrigued me. I have done some research and it seems that Quist M42 shells are quite rare, am I right? The liner is probably from another helmet and I must say that the paintjob looks kinda funny for me. Beside it's glossy black, those scratches made me really wonder - who and for what purpose would do them if this was a repainted one (and poor repaint then)? As always the story behind such things - an attic find with bunch of other items which looked "really period" to me. Well, as of know it's a great conversation piece, what do you guys think? Artur

Quist M42Quist M42Quist M42Quist M42Quist M42Quist M42

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Quist M42
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Sorry to say but except for it being a Q42, the rest is really bad. Paint, decals and liner (looks like it may be from a Luftschutz helmet. )

Yes, Q42s are rare. I myself have never seen one so can't comment on originality of the shell itself but in my opinion, there is no value given the damage that has already been done. Good that you only paid a small sum.

Michael

Edit: And welcome to the forum.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I agree with Michael. There isn't even a zinc liner band around the leather suspension. Your best bet, if you want it to look more authentic, would be to strip off the gloss black paint and get a proper reproduction liner and chinstrap and repaint it a flat grey colour. That's what I would do anyway.

Tyler

Hello,
    The paint on the inside of the shell is probably original. There is also listed a Q64 DN542 black civic police helmet with top pad and cape tabs,like your liner so maybe original. Maybe just messed about with.
    Hopefully get some more opinions soon.

As stated, an original M42 Shell that has been repainted Glossy Black, Round-Bottom-Fake SS Decal put on it, and with a M34 Civic-Helmet's Liner installed...I'd be tempted to restore it back to a combat helmet...
    cheers, Glenn

?

A wartime civil helmet probably used for fire in my opinion, or maybe post-war repainted, not sure. One thing for sure is the decal is bogus. As stated a rare QM42, nonetheless. If you can remove whats left of the decal without any damage to the paint you should be good to go.

Samir