Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this real?

Article about: I’m not sure if this parade helmet is real or fake/ or if parts of the helmet are. Fake. Any assistance I greatly appreciated.

Default Is this real?

I’m not sure if this parade helmet is real or fake/ or if parts of the helmet are. Fake. Any assistance I greatly appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this real?   Is this real?  

Is this real?   Is this real?  

Is this real?   Is this real?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this real?
    P
    Many

Hello,
    It's bad...postwar paint over what looks like a sanded shell and fake decals
    i know nothing about SS helmets but in my opinion i'm right in this case
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

A repaint and decals applied after in my opinion.

If you are looking to purchase a German WW2 helmet i would suggest doing a lot more research - in the long run you will be glad you did. You can start with this forum and go back through the posts of SS and other helmets and then compare to this one.
    Nick

MAP
    ?

I even question if the shell is real.

Obviously as already said, the rest is a complete ground up fabrication (decals, paint, liner).
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

a 13 in a dozen fake.

I agree with the others very bad if it’s shiny run away, This reminds me a lot of me when I first started and I sometimes still mess up,you should stick with reputable dealers at least for now and make sure you stay away from eBay.