Article about: Okey mr fancy pants with your "^^" And your *lol*s

Default Re: Real Or Not? SS helmet

Okey mr fancy pants with your "^^" And your *lol*s

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real Or Not? SS helmet
    P
    Many

I dont want to fight about it, but its my First SS helmet i have a good feeling about so I want it... If someone else has an SS helmet mail me... and I might let my other Swedish friend get his ha´nds on this one.
    where are you from? Im from Gothenburg

Ok, well it doesn't matter where im from?

Stepped on your toes did I? Did not meen to... If you really want it Ill let you have it, I prefer friends over enemies...Never meen any harm to anyone. Not sure why but I was offended that you made the ^^ and *lol* remarks, and the only reason i started this thred was to get some facts about a helmet I was trying to buy. And a fellow swede (Ok im accually German but living in Sweden) makes me look like a total idiot. Take it its yours, enjoy... Ill survive.
    I wont put a single bid on it, just take it...

Okey, sry
    Last edited by Farradin; 06-19-2010 at 11:48 PM.

Quote by DougB View Post
    I have to disagree.

The decal certainly appears to be an original SS ET decal that has the correct border size and toning you would expect to see that fakes almost never get right. Better pics of this are needed but I see nothing that says this decal is a postwar applied fake and it certainly passes the "5 second test" from these photos.

The name could also be period applied and also, defaced. Not unusual for SS items kept in Germany after the war ended.
    Yes the decal looks good but there are making very good ones now.the problem that I have is the rust where the decal is .the rust is under the decal ,the rust should be part of the decal need closer pictures I am very hard about helmets I do not want anyone to spent alot of money for a helmet that is not original.

?

I agree with Chris on this one, but there is another point worth mentioning, there appears to be a tool mark ie screwdriver or chisel mark gouged through the decal,a common method of faking a good decal to look aged and of period, but normal damage would look something completely different, as for denazifying a ss decal surely the whole thing would be removed or at least scratched fully,not just so you could still see the tantalising remnants of the decal, im 50/50 on this one

Quote by davejb View Post
    I agree with Chris on this one, but there is another point worth mentioning, there appears to be a tool mark ie screwdriver or chisel mark gouged through the decal,a common method of faking a good decal to look aged and of period, but normal damage would look something completely different, as for denazifying a ss decal surely the whole thing would be removed or at least scratched fully,not just so you could still see the tantalising remnants of the decal, im 50/50 on this one
    That is very good and totaly correct.I did not think about that.I was thinking maybe I could be wrong but now I am back to my first thinking about was (fake)

Quote by davejb View Post
    Hi Dave, regarding the denazification of helmets, the vets did not always completely obliterate the decals. I have attached pictures of my black Droopbill transitional as an example. The vet scratched the center of the party shield, but didn't even touch the runes, the much hated symbol of the SS. What you describe as tool marks I really feel are simply the scratches made by whoever wanted to deface the runes, but I could be wrong. Obviously, the best way to evaluate the helmet would be hands on with a glass. Just my 2 cents. Cheers, Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real Or Not? SS helmet   Real Or Not? SS helmet  

The best way to de-nazify a helmet is to get a screwdriver at it...
    id be 50/50 on the decal.....helmets is good....

Gaiety is the most outstanding feature of the Soviet Union.
    Joseph Stalin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast