Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Is this a real SS helmet?

Article about: I went to my local auctioneers today and found this SS helmet. I'm 99% sure it's real, I've checked through the threads showing known fake decals and I can't find one the same. I asked my un

Forget it....you'll never be able to afford it. It will, in all likelihood, end up in a Museum....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a real SS helmet?
    P
    Many

I've sold my cat and my crappy escape and evasion collection and I can max out at £2007 ($2999.96). I'm going to go for it! Now do I stand at the front and shout 'MONEY', start a fight with other bidders or stand in the door way in a big coat and glasses hiding behind a book and wink when I want to bid?

If you Really want to try for it, I'd suggest bringing a large broadaxe and stand next to it and threaten off any other potential competition for it...but when you're dealing with such rarities so seldom seen or available, there's always the chance of another bidder carrying a firearm....just be careful, and good luck.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

tears of laughter.

?

OK, you just threw me off here. Why do you prefer to get opinions from someone who has "preferably no previous posts"?

Just so you know the whole helmet is shot. An outright fake and the only reason you never saw this decal listed as one of the fakes because it is probably THE worst fake decal and not worthy of even mentioning, basically an obvious fake.

Regards
    Samir
    Last edited by SSamir; 04-22-2015 at 01:55 AM.

Lol - I thought it was one of those newly issued
    Los Angeles Raiders helmets.........!

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/...20120913183528
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Lol - I thought it was one of those newly issued
    Los Angeles Raiders helmets.........!

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/...20120913183528
    Steve, I would settle for the LAR helmet before I would with this one.

Samir

?

Hehehe, funny thread. It would be nice if every morning would start like this.

Thanks to OP.

(Yeah, go for it- maybe the seller has more super-duper rare ss lids in his garage on drying)

You found my Halloween costume helmet from when I was in third grade! Decorated it myself with leftover Testor's model paint. NH

MAP
    ?

Oh..,there are just so many quips and jokes on this one...looking forward to following this..so far they have been really good...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast