Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Is this a real SS parade helmet?

Article about: Hello everybody, me again... I bought yesterday this helmet from Berliner Auktionshaus, since it was listed as an SS parade helmet... Unfortunately I had then no enough time to think, becaus

Hi SSamir, what a beauty! Thanks for sharing, is it for sale? How much is worthing such a genuine top quality helmet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a real SS parade helmet?
    P
    Many

?

PM me.

Is this a period Vulkanfiber helmet or one of the post war Lubstein East German Fire helmets? I think that there was an original 1930's one on here a while back, and that was made by Erel if I remember correctly, but again fire service, not SS or Heer.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Ned, come to think of it, you might be right, this also could be an East German helmet. I didn't even think about that.

Regards
    Samir

?

This appears to be a wartime or pre-war Fire helmet and not East German from my knowledge of these, the pins and rolled edge are different on post war East German vulcanfibre helmets. That said, the decals are poor reproductions.

With black SS helmets in particular civic and fire helmets, caution must be exceedingly high as many were already period painted black, ergo they are correct in that sense but for the fire service and not as an SS parade helmet.

IIRC, the liner has tabs in it for the fitting of a neck guard, unless of course they've been cut out. It may be more than coincidence that there's no pic's of the inside of the helmet showing the liner methinks....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Big Ned, thanks for the input. I have just e-mailed the auction house telling them that I will not pay for the lot, as it is not a genuine "SS paradehelm"

Very best regards,

Jose

Quote by SSamir View Post
    Jose, no worries. Not sure how soon you want one, or your budget, but I just might be able to make it happen. I have a helmet in my collection I haven't had the time to advertise. Its an EF M42 SS with a very nice EF pattern decal. Here's a pic of it:

Attachment 737898
    Please remember that it is against forum rules to advertise items for sale in a thread. This should have been handled either by PM or listing in the For sale section of the forum.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hi, as said, very poor fake SS decals on a period fire helmet. I hope the auction house accept that this is not a genuine SS helmet and do not demand payment, although if they did not advertise this as an "original/authentic/period etc" SS helmet they may be within their rights to expect payment. Always study a potential purchase for yourself, then post it here for review before buying otherwise there could be a lot of disappointment and wasted money. Leon.

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Please remember that it is against forum rules to advertise items for sale in a thread. This should have been handled either by PM or listing in the For sale section of the forum.
    My apologies, Bob. Won't happen again.

regards
    Samir

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast