Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Relic SS- Any opinions please

Article about: Hi guys A long time reader of this page and been doing my best to learn from the wealth of knowledge on here. Have been offered a relic SS, seller seems genuine and has sent pictures althoug

Default Relic SS- Any opinions please

Hi guys

A long time reader of this page and been doing my best to learn from the wealth of knowledge on here. Have been offered a relic SS, seller seems genuine and has sent pictures although I have asked for some additional better ones of the decal as I know that will be needed for a better consense. However, I am also aware that as Doug often says that with relic helmets they are often 'one lookers' or don't go there, so thought the attached may allow one of you gurus to make at least an educated 'it has a chance' type view!

Im looking for a relic condition one for display purposes and as price has not been discussed at this point knowing what to offer is obviously very different between a display piece lookalike and the real deal.

I would really welcome any thoughts as to what to look for in additional to what I have read on here whether positive or negative to help me learn more.

Thanks in advance

Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic SS- Any opinions please   Relic SS- Any opinions please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic SS- Any opinions please
    P
    Many

Default Re: Relic SS- Any opinions please

HI Steve,
    Can you post larger photos and as sharp as you can please. None of the guys could make a call if they aren't clearer.
    Cheers mate,
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Given these pics I would avoid this helmet. The area around the decal as been cleaned indicating prep work for the decal, the decal appears to be a fake Pocher heavily damaged to hide the easy giveaways, the composition doesn't look correct nor the border, other graphic flaws. M35 s/b a DD as well.

Thanks Doug & Dan appreciate the feedback will keep looking, listening and learning!!

Steve

I agree, that halo of cleaned area around the decal is always a red flag with a relic.

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I agree, that halo of cleaned area around the decal is always a red flag with a relic.
    Andy The only caveat i would add is that i have seen helmets direct from diggers in the field as it were where an attempt has been made to " clean " the area around the decal to expose it as much as possible in the same way that folk " dig out " decals on camo lids.

These lids were 100 % correct ,

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thanks for the input Paul, a learning curve as ever but i guess it makes sense that people clean the area of the decal 'harder'!!

Steve

?

Better pics would help us all. It could stand a chance. I'm trying not to like or dislike it What's the price?

Regards, Lars

Hi Datrus

Indeed better pictures would have been very nice, but sadly I have asked for some and was resent the same images and email that 'camera phone' was problem, which actually made me more nervous of it than the images did!! Its now up on Ebay at circa 80 Euros currently, I guess as it would display OK it might be worth a punt if it doesnt run away madly but I think I will probably save the cash and go for one from a known seller when I see a nice relic.

Steve

?

Well Steve i agree. If there's problems getting more pics something is wrong. I sell quite a few items here and there and i always provide pics on demand. So do many other i buy from. Don't waste your money mate.

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast