Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Relic SS M-40 SD

Article about: Guys Please can you tell me if the decal is ok, I have tried but I am a million miles away from knowing Many thanks and much appreciated Nick

If its a decal applied over rust it lacks the halo around the decal one would expect to see. Several things about the decal seem good to me but only my opinion.

Steve

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic SS M-40 SD
    P
    Many

?

I would wait until some more of the experts weigh in on this helmet before making a decision about it. And I am definitely not one of the experts! I wouldn't want you to pass on a good helmet because of what may be some incorrect opinions.

?

Hi Nick,

Its a tough one. The correlation between shell and decal appears to be correct. It appears to be an ET shell with a decal that possess the expected characteristics of an ET pattern decal, but that doesn't mean it's a real decal. I will be honest, I can not guarantee the authenticity of this decal. The decal has been scrubbed to the point you can't make out if its good or not, at least for me. It is questionable. You don't need a helmet sitting on your shelf with a question mark on top of it, but that's just me. If it's not a one looker, stay clear of it I say. Your best bet is to wait for Doug to chime in, sorry I couldn't be as much help. Good luck.

Regards
    Samir

Thank you all for you help on this

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hi Steve, I am with Samir on this one. For me it looks as though it is a good ET pattern decal that has been "scrubbed" clean to within an inch of it's life. I cannot see any sign of it being applied onto an already relic shell, there appears to be no pitting beneath the decals surface and there is no "halo" around the decal as mentioned. If it's cheap enough I would say it's ok from these images. Leon.

Would have been less controversial had it been left as found rather than cleaned to this degree.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

It looks OK to me, but if you listen to what I have to say, it could end up costing you money!

I have taken a chance on it guys !

Thanks again

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Looks like a heavily cleaned and scrubbed ET decal. I see red flags but with relics its buyer beware.

Just checked with Doug and he meant to write he sees no red flags on the decal so I am relieved about that !!

Nick

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast