Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Reverse SD SS Help

Article about: Hey all. Looking for thoughts on this helmet! I've had it for years and did not spend much; no lo\\$\\$ if the decal is trash. It was purportedly from a collection in Budapest, Hungary- but I kn

Default Reverse SD SS Help

Hey all. Looking for thoughts on this helmet! I've had it for years and did not spend much; no lo$$ if the decal is trash. It was purportedly from a collection in Budapest, Hungary- but I know the rarity of reverse decals so I have low expectations haha

Reverse SD SS HelpReverse SD SS HelpReverse SD SS HelpReverse SD SS HelpReverse SD SS HelpReverse SD SS Help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reverse SD SS Help
    P
    Many

PS. Liner band is not original to helmet

Hi, well i am not liking the construction of the decal, looks almost painted on or "touched up"in some areas? The angle of the runes appears to differ one from the other also, personally i am not liking it as an original decal. Also as a "sub-note" that hkp lot number is listed as no decal, that is no rock solid proof in it's self but does not help it. Leon.

Thanks for the input Leo; always been my concern as well! There are lines/scratches that run through decal and continue on the helmet so I always assumed it’s been on there awhile at least.

I can a send a more high-res version of the decal if anyone is interested.

There is no resemblance to a known period SS decal. Would expect to see a Pocher decal, which this is not, nor is it any other known design.

Thanks RealSteel! Appreciate the feedback.

SE/hkp did not produce SS helmets so at best it should be a field applied Pocher decal as David already stated.
    Pass on it.