MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

RZM Allgemeine SS helmet

Article about: Hello everybody..i am from the Netherlands and new here. I would like to have your opinion on my latest addition to my WW1/WWII collection: a allgemeine SS RZM helmet. What do you think abou

Collector11
    ?

Default RZM Allgemeine SS helmet

Hello everybody..i am from the Netherlands and new here. I would like to have your opinion on my latest addition to my WW1/WWII collection: a allgemeine SS RZM helmet.
    What do you think about this helmet?RZM Allgemeine SS helmetRZM Allgemeine SS helmetRZM Allgemeine SS helmetRZM Allgemeine SS helmetRZM Allgemeine SS helmetRZM Allgemeine SS helmet

2. # ADS

The decals are bad so that is not a good start. Not to sure about the shell either. The stamps seem to me to be too deep - RZM stamps are usually lightly struck and the circles are usually very light to non existent at the 12:00 O'clock and 6:00 o'clock areas. Are there washers on the interior of the lugs? Not one with which I would be comfortable. Overall, if I were you I would get a refund if possible. Sorry, Jim G.

Collector11
    ?

the SS and RZM stamps have fading and are both lightly struck i took pictures with the flash on so that might explain it. I had this helmet checked out by multiple collectors and they all gave it a thumbs up. But i came here for people to have an opinion about it. What does not look right on the decal?

The graphics of both decals are way off. For instance, the bottoms of the runes are above the break - not found on original the Pocher runic decal that this one attempts to copy. The materials used to make this decal clearly are not right. The disc on the party shield is oversized. It appears to be an effort to copy the Austrian Party shield found on a few original SS transitionals, but this one is not one of those. To me, both decals are one look reproductions with too many graphic errors to list. Regarding the shell, straight on and profile pictures of your shell would help so we can see if the front rivets line up with the lugs properly. With RZM shells the rivets are higher and closer to the lugs than those on standard M18 shells. Also, I would like to see a picture of the interior of the vent lugs to see of there are washers . If so, the shell is NOT an RZM for sure. With real RZM shells, as with most, if not all inter War commercially produced M18 type clone shells, there aren't washers on the interior of the lugs. From what I see in the pictures provided I am sure the decals are bad and I have serious questions about whether the shell is really an RZM. Better pictures will tell the story. Just my observations. Jim G.
    Last edited by helmet2id; 11-03-2017 at 01:36 AM.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    The graphics of both decals are way off. For instance, the bottoms of the runes are above the break - not found on original the Pocher runic decal that this one attempts to copy. The materials used to make this decal clearly are not right. The disc on the party shield is oversized. It appears to be an effort to copy the Austrian Party shield found on a few original SS transitional, but this one is not one of those. To me, both decals are one look reproductions with too many graphic errors to list. Regarding the shell, a nice straight on profile picture would help so we can see if the front rivets line up with the lugs properly. With RZM shells the rivets are higher and closer to the lugs than those on standard M18 shells. Also, I would like to see a picture of the interior of the vent lugs to see of there are washers . If so, the shell is NOT an RZM for sure. With real RZM shells, as with most, if not all inter War commercially produced M18 type clone shells, there aren't washers on the interior of the lugs. From what I see in the pictures provided I am sure the decals are bad and I have serious questions about whether the shell is really an RZM. Better pictures will tell the story. Just my observations. Jim G.
    My thoughts:
    To add to Jim's comments, the sharp point on the runes is excessively sharp perhaps indicating a fake decal?
    Although it's hard to see without a close-up, the black points on the runes are normally very slightly rounded when you zoom in to them.

Nick

Here are some pictures for comparison. The first few show the position of the rivets versus the lugs on an RZM shell as compared to a WWI produced M18 shell. The next few show typical RZM and SS stamps - very much lighter than those on the thread starter. The next few decal shots are of Pocher runic shields on Black Transitional SS helmets (both are droop bill shells, not RZM shells, but these are correct Pocher decals). The last shot is the Party shield on on of the Black SS transitionals. I hope these shots help explain my concerns with the thread starter. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RZM Allgemeine SS helmet   RZM Allgemeine SS helmet  

RZM Allgemeine SS helmet   RZM Allgemeine SS helmet  

RZM Allgemeine SS helmet  
    Last edited by helmet2id; 11-03-2017 at 01:38 AM.

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    My thoughts:
    To add to Jim's comments, the sharp point on the runes is excessively sharp perhaps indicating a fake decal?
    Although it's hard to see without a close-up, the black points on the runes are normally very slightly rounded when you zoom in to them.

Nick
    Yes Nick, one of the many graphic problems with the Runic shield. Jim G.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    The graphics of both decals are way off. For instance, the bottoms of the runes are above the break - not found on original the Pocher runic decal that this one attempts to copy. The materials used to make this decal clearly are not right. The disc on the party shield is oversized. It appears to be an effort to copy the Austrian Party shield found on a few original SS transitional, but this one is not one of those. To me, both decals are one look reproductions with too many graphic errors to list. Regarding the shell, straight on and profile pictures of your shell would help so we can see if the front rivets line up with the lugs properly. With RZM shells the rivets are higher and closer to the lugs than those on standard M18 shells. Also, I would like to see a picture of the interior of the vent lugs to see of there are washers . If so, the shell is NOT an RZM for sure. With real RZM shells, as with most, if not all inter War commercially produced M18 type clone shells, there aren't washers on the interior of the lugs. From what I see in the pictures provided I am sure the decals are bad and I have serious questions about whether the shell is really an RZM. Better pictures will tell the story. Just my observations. Jim G.
    Agree, the decals look to be a "knock -off" of the Austrian type...as seen on page 143 of Ken & Anders' decal book.

Collector11
    ?

the end of the rune is not sharp it is sort of round

These decals are fakes. Not the Pocher style decals you would expect on shells like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast