Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

RZM Allgemeine SS helmet

Article about: Hello everybody..i am from the Netherlands and new here. I would like to have your opinion on my latest addition to my WW1/WWII collection: a allgemeine SS RZM helmet. What do you think abou

Hopefully you can get a refund in full. An original of this "type" helmet with an original liner (which we never got to see) in similar condition purchased from a dealer or an experienced collector/owner, I would expect the selling price to be somewhere around $15,000 ....give or take a few grand.

I would start working on getting my $$ back ASAP

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RZM Allgemeine SS helmet
    P
    Many

Collector11
    ?

did you get the SS and RZM stamps from a helmet listed on ebay?

Quote by kaibos11 View Post
    Hi "K11"
    Jim G is VERY knowledgeable with these "type" helmets. I would venture to say the couple of examples he posted (to help YOU because you asked) were not from Ebay, most likely from his own "World Famous" collection or from reliable sources.

The member who flat out said your decals are fake, he is also "World known" & highly respected in the helmet community & is always prepared to back up his opinions/facts if he is asked to do so.

The "collectors" who gave you "Thumbs Up" on this, are they friends of yours ? Maybe you can ask them to explain what convinced them the helmet/decals are period originals ? Maybe they can join this forum & explain to a few of us what their positive opinions are based on & maybe show a few period examples of the same decals ?

Tell them it is free to join. Maybe Jim & Frank & myself can learn from them !! I am always open to learning !!

the end of the rune is not sharp it is sort of round
    It was difficult to tell from the photos, but of course you have the helmet up close and can view with a magnifying glass or loupe.

I hope you find a definite answer on your helmet as I suspect you feel quite passionate about it and have spent a fair wedge of cash.
    Best regards,
    Nick

the end of the rune is not sharp it is sort of round
    Nope, even allowing for the difference between hands on an the monitor image it is very pointed!

I know it is never great to be given bad news about a piece you are quite pleased with but you did ask for opinions here. Would you ask the opinion of anyone in whom you did not have confidence?

No, neither would I. I would be asking someone who I thought knew at least as much but hopefully more than me. Which I hope is your position.

My first response to bad news would of course be to ask for explanation which you did and were answered so now you have to consider your options.

I don't like this piece for all the reasons already given plus the NS shield looks to me to be an incredibly bright shade of red, but that could be monitor resolution right?

Consider the market price mentioned above as a guide in itself. I hope you didn't pay even a fraction of that. It is one of the reasons why you are very unlikely to see a real one on Ebay!!

I do hope you stick around and join the learning process with us here. That is what the forum is really about. I have learned so much here it makes my head hurt!!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Collector11
    ?

Rzm marking inside an ss helmet... i think this is the i want to thank everybody for their comments and their time to comment

Collector11
    ?

nevermind ignore that one i posted

No, I own the grey RZM. I used to own the droop bill with the intact party shield but traded it for an FHH. The first photo is of the Pocher runic shield that is on the other side of that helmet. The other Pocher is on droop bill I still own, but the Party shield was de-nazified. I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, I know how disappointing it is to learn that a piece on the shelf is not original, but it is better to know sooner rather than later - maybe you can get your money back. Jim G.
    Last edited by helmet2id; 11-03-2017 at 01:44 AM.

Hi K11

Was this a dealer purchase ? When did you buy it ? If you have interest in getting some help & advice on what to do, PM me.

David

Collector11
    ?

one member stated that RZM helmets do not have vent lug washers but i can see a washer on your RZM helmet does that mean his statement is invalid or did yours got added later?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast