MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

RZM Helmet

Article about: Here is one that isn't often encountered. It is a no decal gray RZM helmet. The original liner is unmarked. The short end of the chinstrap is original, the long end a funky replacement. When

Here's our RMZ helmet!RZM Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RZM Helmet
    P
    Many

Default more

RZM Helmet

moreRZM Helmet

moreRZM Helmet

moreRZM Helmet

It might not be original liner? It has a small dent near top of helm, left side pic. Must have been used as a combat helmet at one time or so. Would have posted a while ago but forgot how to post pics. This helmet is very heavy compared to a Himmler syle. Unfortunally no decals or trace of them. The RMZ and SS markings look like the one Kelly hicks has for sale lately.

Interesting helmet. Could someone please educate me about the history of these helmets? When exactly were they made? Bearing in mind the number of surplus WW1 helmets around after WW1 finished, why were these helmets needed?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think these were commercially made in the inter-war period and sold to paramilitary organisations, as well as fire and police departments. Maybe they did not have any helmets surplussed after WWI hence they were being produced like this for the commercial market.
    But I'm not sure, that's just my speculation.
    Luis

MAP
    ?

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    Interesting helmet. Could someone please educate me about the history of these helmets? When exactly were they made? Bearing in mind the number of surplus WW1 helmets around after WW1 finished, why were these helmets needed?
    See post #7

rzm helmet
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Bill, The shell of yours is 100% correct! In that respect it is an original SS helmet, congrats! The liner, I don't think so, and the paint, probably post War. Many of these RZM never had decals. I really like these helmets and yours is really nice! Jim G.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast