Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

RZM Helmets

Article about: I have been endlessly searching and looking at RZM helmets in different places and in books. I have found that really none of the helmets are consistent with the stampings. I know that these

HelmChick
    ?

Default Re: RZM Helmets

This was a great informational thread! I realized also there is alot of misleading information out there on the RZM Helmets which is what prompted me to start this thread, particularly when it comes to the Z being slashed.

Much appreciation!

2. # ADS

Default Re: RZM Helmets

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Firstly: the helmet must RZM helmet is similar to m 18, but not is the same the helmet is thinner and a bit other in it's shape. If someone would like to press the runes or RZM to the M18- he will just destroy the original shell.

Friedrich-Berthold: that was a nice helmet but unfortunately someone unprofessionally has try to remove the paint. There visible other coats of national shield decals. The early helmets I've seen has sometimes till the 10 layers of the decals- I will look if I can find, the picture of M 35 steelhelmet which was belonged to Das Reich, there was 10 layers of paint and the place where decals applied was like a bulb- over 3 mm higher than the paint on the helmet itself
    Thank you. This was not my property, nor did I ever touch it. Someone else removed the grey paint and plainly without much success. If one looks at the SSVT 1 soldier in front of the Ehrentempel with the damaged decal, then it is no surprise that the things were fixed up. Such would shatter the hearts of purists today.

I am still new to WRF and really likeing the SS-Helmet Forum:
    I would like to add my SS-RZM helmet to this thread. It has a property marking in the dome for the 15th motorcycle co. of SS regiment Germania. I have been told that the liner system fitted is not original to this pattern helmet when it was first issued. The rust is not live so I have been advised to leave this helmet in its as found condition. I am storing it carefully. Thank you for looking.
    RZM HelmetsRZM HelmetsRZM HelmetsRZM HelmetsRZM HelmetsRZM HelmetsRZM HelmetsRZM HelmetsRZM Helmets

?

A pretty cool helmet you have there. The liner system may not be original to the helmet, but appears to be period applied, which adds character. The original liners were crap anyway. My compliments!

Samir

?

Many SS RZM helmets had the M27 style liners removed and replaced with M31 style liners like yours. That said the original M27 liner is very nice to have in an RZM. Love your unit stamp!
    Be nice if this were removed from this thread and had its own thread, moderators?? :-)

?

i have one in relic condition. few years i didnnt know that,i waas thinking that it is ordinary ww1 helmet

Hi and congrats to this nice and interesting helmet. Wgats your opinion about the blue gray color?

Kind regards
    Basti

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2