Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Rzm marking inside an ss helmet...

Article about: Is this a proper RZM stamp for a SS helmet, and would an SS helmet be stamped in this manner. Brian

Default Re: Rzm marking inside an ss helmet...

Yes, there is a SS runic stamp in a circle, on the other side like you said.

Brian

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rzm marking inside an ss helmet...
    P
    Many

ian
    ?

Brian ask your self with an RZM stamp and ss runes do you think it would have tricolour national decal and the remnance of a heer decal ,remember rzm is political .not heer i dont like what i see there ,it does not add up ,see what others say cheers ian

While I was responding to the original post you posted the additional pictures. I am not an expert, as others have so kindly informed me of late, but in my opinion, this is an M18 with the RZM and SS stamps added to fool a collector. This is why I feel this way. The front rivet holes are not in the right place, the lugs have large flat rivets on the inner aspect of the shell, the liner is a standard M18 liner with split tail rivets, not hollow cores, and you can see the RZM and Runic stamps on the out side of the shell, which I have never noticed in the original examples that I have had the pleasure of examining, including the one that I own. Please don't take my word for it without getting some corroboration from others, but I would not buy this as in my humble and worthless opinion, I do not think that it is a real RZM SS helmet. Jim G.

I know nothing about helmets at all, and the book i ordered for SS helmets has not come in yet, So many books to buy, for just about everything.

Thanks for looking, and giving me your expertise advice, much appreciated.

Brian

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    While I was responding to the original post you posted the additional pictures. I am not an expert, as others have so kindly informed me of late, but in my opinion, this is an M18 with the RZM and SS stamps added to fool a collector. This is why I feel this way. The front rivet holes are not in the right place, the lugs have large flat rivets on the inner aspect of the shell, the liner is a standard M18 liner with split tail rivets, not hollow cores, and you can see the RZM and Runic stamps on the out side of the shell, which I have never noticed in the original examples that I have had the pleasure of examining, including the one that I own. Please don't take my word for it without getting some corroboration from others, but I would not buy this as in my humble and worthless opinion, I do not think that it is a real RZM SS helmet. Jim G.
    Thanks for the info, and could you please post a pic of your helmet, so that i can see what you mean, by the correct stamps.

Brian

ian
    ?

Jim i totaly agree with what you have said cheers ian

One other thing to look for in a real RZM, the lugs are not stepped. This helmet does not have stepped lugs, but that does not mean that it is an RZM, but if an purported example has stepped lugs, like the size 60, 62, and 62 M16 and M18 shells, it is definitely not a real RZM. JimG.

I have tried a number of times to post pictures on this site, without success. I guess I am just a technology dinosaur. If you send me your email address in a private message I think I can get you pictures by next weekend. In the mean time, if the SS book you ordered is either of the recent (within the last 5 years or so that is) Kelly Hicks reference books (the one he cowrote with the late Michael Beaver or the SS STEEL title) you will have a very good base of information regarding the RZM helmet type. Read up before dropping a boat load of money on an SS helmet, there are alot of very good (bad!!!)fakes out there, and it is very easy to get fooled. Jim G.

ian
    ?

the worst of it Jim is they are ruening good helmet shells by stmping them ,its sacralige

I've buying books every week, as there are so many of them to buy, seems like they have a book for every part of a tunic, helmets, daggers, paperwork, and the list goes on.

A person could spend a small fortune on books collecting WW2 German items.

Brian

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast