Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SE66 M40 - a snowballs chance?

Article about: by youthcollector1 Regardless of how this might be perceived by some I must say I've found myself gaining more and more respect for you on a daily basis. A tip of the hat to you sir for the

Default SE66 M40 - a snowballs chance?

What does the group think? half a chance or none at all - other aspects of the helmet look good to me, the lot number I cannot make out.

Odds are low but had to ask and learn.

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SE66 M40 - a snowballs chance?   SE66 M40 - a snowballs chance?  

SE66 M40 - a snowballs chance?   SE66 M40 - a snowballs chance?  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SE66 M40 - a snowballs chance?
    P
    Many

I have no idea, but the first question that comes to mind is why is the decal so worn considering the condition of the helmet, especially the liner. Personally, unless I was without a doubt certain it was authentic, I'd walk away. No need to waste a some what large sum of money on a helmet with a decal that only has about 10-20% remaining, IMO.
    Anyways, good luck, and I hope it's proven to be a good one!

Not a good one.

A couple more ( if it helps )
    I'm leaning toward fake decal but then it seems to be well merged with the "sand" in the paint??????
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SE66 M40 - a snowballs chance?   SE66 M40 - a snowballs chance?  

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Not a good one.
    Ah, thank you Frank - what are the giveaways - is it the apparent mono-layer construction or the shape?

........edit ......please?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Ah, thank you Frank - what are the giveaways - is it the apparent mono-layer construction or the shape?

........edit ......please?
    Factory decalled SE M40's are quite rare and that's an understatement. Any SE/HKP helmet with an SS decal should immediately give pause.
    I can't even remember the last time I saw an Original SE/HKP SS helmet. I believe they Always received Pocher's some also perhaps the Champagne runic decal but this one is neither imo.

?

Agreed. A reproduction decal.

?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Factory decalled SE M40's are quite rare and that's an understatement. Any SE/HKP helmet with an SS decal should immediately give pause.
    I can't even remember the last time I saw an Original SE/HKP SS helmet. I believe they Always received Pocher's some also perhaps the Champagne runic decal but this one is neither imo.
    Frank hits the nail on the head. An SS decal on an SE M40 and M35 requires serious critical inspection. I have only ever owned one, an M35 DD with Pochers, named and researched with direct provenance. The helmet came out of Norway, and I traded it to an esteemed Norwegian collector years ago. Seemed fitting that it should go back to whence it originated and be in that collection vs mine.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Frank hits the nail on the head. An SS decal on an SE M40 and M35 requires serious critical inspection. I have only ever owned one, an M35 double decal with Pochers, named and researched with direct provenance. The helmet came out of Norway, and I traded it to an esteemed Norwegian collector years ago. Seemed fitting that it should go back to whence it originated and be in that collection vs mine.
    Regardless of how this might be perceived by some I must say I've found myself gaining more and more respect for you on a daily basis. A tip of the hat to you sir for the statement above, as well for when you refunded the gentleman you unknowingly sold the fake SS helmet to that's now(was) found on Emedals, not to mention it was discovered due to your own in depth analyzation.
    I find it even more amazing that if it wasn't for the helmet showing up on-line recently, most wouldn't even know you did this, which is quite telling of your character. Anyone can do the right thing when others are watching, but it takes a true man to do it in private. You are a man of extreme integrity and virtue which are rare characteristics for us humans to truly have, thank you.

Hear hear!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast