Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SE66 & Q66 SS M35 helmets

Article about: I have seen these for sale and believe both to be fake. Please can someone confirm my suspicions please.

Flipping items for profit is not really in the collector spirit. Still, each to their own.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SE66 & Q66 SS M35 helmets
    P
    Many

?

I had no idea it was crime. My bad, Doug.

In his defense, SSamir sold me this M40 for only a few 'Ben Franklins' a couple of years ago ....... & I don't think he made a killing off me!!!!

( yes I still have it and still enjoy it! ) ....thanks Samir!

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SE66 & Q66 SS M35 helmets   SE66 & Q66 SS M35 helmets  

SE66 & Q66 SS M35 helmets  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Sorry, but I can't see anything wrong with making a profit on something I might sell. Dealers do it all the time, so why should collectors be any different? I'm not averse to buying something if I see it being sold cheaply just so that I can sell it on at a profit. I don't collect TR items, but I will certainly buy them if it is to my advantage. The extra money can then be used to buy something I really want. This is how many collectors finance their hobby.

?

Quote by SSamir View Post
    I had no idea it was crime. My bad, Doug.
    No crime Samir, my point was not very well written, please accept my apologies.

What I was crudely trying to say is the discussion of authenticity of these items is much more interesting than money made (or lost) on them. Glenn said it better, the collector spirit is not about $, it's about the item.

In any case again my point and poor attempt at humor miserably failed, it was not meant to be a shot but certainly reads that way, it was not my intent.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    No crime Samir, my point was not very well written, please accept my apologies.

What I was crudely trying to say is the discussion of authenticity of these items is much more interesting than money made (or lost) on them. Glenn said it better, the collector spirit is not about $, it's about the item.

In any case again my point and poor attempt at humor miserably failed, it was not meant to be a shot but certainly reads that way, it was not my intent.
    It's obvious I misunderstood you so no need for apologies.

I understand where your coming from now and I do agree. There are collectors who are only in it for the money. Unfortunately my passion for SS helmets is an expensive one, so I would buy as cheap as possible and try to sell as high as I could to upgrade the quality of my collection. I started with a $500 no-decal SS and worked my way up to one with 95% decal. I try to have my collection support itself.

No biggy Doug. Again, I took it the wrong way, so my apologies as well. I should have known you and Glenn long enough to know your intentions were good.

Regards
    Samir

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    In his defense, SSamir sold me this M40 for only a few 'Ben Franklins' a couple of years ago ....... & I don't think he made a killing off me!!!!

( yes I still have it and still enjoy it! ) ....thanks Samir!

Dan
    Dan,

Good to know you still have it. Just so you know I never made money on this helmet, but that's how I got to know Dan, through this sale. I think another collector introduced us via emails or pm's???

Samir

?

Re-reading my post, you have nothing to apologize for Samir, it's all on me.
    Your keen eye allows you to see the good from the bad and grab the deals confidently. No harm in that. Harry the Mole, I agree with you profit is not a dirty word.

Again, I find the conversation about the history and authenticity of the hobby more interesting than the dollars of the hobby. That was what I was crudely trying to convey.

I will go back now and stare at my dirt. :-)

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    I find the conversation about the history and authenticity of the hobby more interesting than the dollars of the hobby.
    Absolutely Doug and that's what keeps me in the hobby. The SS is one of the strangest organizations I have ever read about.

Regards
    Samir

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2