Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Single decal EF64 22206

Article about: Samir and Doug are correct , not a good decal. EF M40's with SS decals are not seen often so that should give reason to pay extra attention when you are offered one.

Default Re: Single decal EF64 22206

Not being a SS decal guru, I have no expertise on such things. But from when and where it was purchased I have no bad feeling regarding the decal but if evidence can be provided beyond a doubt then it just goes to show we must all keep on learning as we go along.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Single decal EF64 22206
    P
    Many

?

I deeply apologize if I have offended you or your property. That was never my intention. I never said it was a fake, I'm just not comfortable with what I see, just my humble opinion. I'm not an SS expert. I'm fairly knew to collecting SS helmets myself. This is why I recommended to wait for Doug who has years of experience. Again, my appologies.

Regards
    Samir

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    Not being a SS decal guru, I have no expertise on such things. But from when and where it was purchased I have no bad feeling regarding the decal but if evidence can be provided beyond a doubt then it just goes to show we must all keep on learning as we go along.
    The joys of SS collecting !! That is why I have taken a back seat with these lately !!

The question of wether the decal was legit or not was aimed at SSamir

Obviously its an ET not an EF decal, question is, is it legit?

?

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    Do you think the decal itself is legit ?
    IMO no. It's not a one looker for me, does not have the traits I like to see in an ET, let's wait n see what Doug thinks.

Just been looking at my old ET, this decal does concern me now actually

The break in the shield in relation to the runes does not look right

Samir,
    I have taken no offence, its a free world as I say. All input accepted.
    D.

?

I'm glad u feel that way. I feel a lot better, because I felt like crap. I know the feeling as I have been there myself. I enjoy the hobby and at the same time I want to help others if I can with utmost respect and honesty.

Regards
    Samir

No need to feel like crap, its the nature of the beast. We all are on a learning curve. As I say, when you think you know it all its time to go back to the beginning and start again.
    D.

?

This would not be in my collection based what I see. This one looks like the thin silkscreen fake. The decal appears to have graphic flaws that remove it from being an authentic ET runic decal based upon these photos provided. Compare it with the decal in the runic reference section and the flaws should be obvious. As well there is a very good ET SS fake decal that appears on EF M42s made with modern print methods so one must be very careful with helmets that venture outside of the well established patterns of decal/shell relationships.

With respect to decal and shell relationships it is important to note that field applied decals were Pocher, I have seen no evidence of ET runic decals being field applied, only factory applied including those on EF M42 helmets. On an EF M40 I would be comfortable only with an EF decal or field applied Pocher in a reverse decal application applied over a police decal with a party decal on the other side.

With respect to sources that does not preclude a source from making an honest mistake. Source cannot be a basis alone for the reality of an item. I've travelled Normandy extensively and have seen many a "Normandy" SS by what would appear as "good" sources, ie- in some of the French museums, and they were bad. In fact in one a transaction was taking place with a an SS helmet being sold as I walked in to the lobby to visit the museum. Naturally being curious I asked if I could see the helmet, and it was pretty much this helmet, an incorrect decal / shell relationship helmet with a fake ET decal like this one. Of course the French conducting the transaction refused to accept my concerns and they carried on. In any case regarding the source itself, unless they are well versed in SS decals I trust not a single seller or dealer to be error free.

Provenance is important but this hasnt any (at least as has been said thus far) and being from Normandy doesn't make a helmet real nor does the source from whence it came, the helmet itself must stand on its own.

Just a note, when posting any decal especially SS decals, flash glare and distortion should be avoided. In focus (macro mode on your digital camera) clear sharp head on pics are best and the entire helmet should be posted as each part of a helmet may hold a clue or show something unique to the helmet.

Thanks for posting,
    Doug

Points taken.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast