Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Single Decal SS helmet I obtained.

Article about: The Odal rune was also used as a symbol of the Blut und Boden ideology or "Blood and Soil", and the rune symbol was widely used by the Reichsnahrstand (a government regulated body

The Odal rune was also used as a symbol of the Blut und Boden ideology or "Blood and Soil", and the rune symbol was widely used by the Reichsnahrstand (a government regulated body for food production) as a symbol of the new Aryan mystical bond between the land and the folk who farmed it, for inheritance and family, basically everything to do with the home estate and farm. The rules and regs for this, including inheritance law and suchlike, are extremely complex and were unique in the history of politics and have remained so since the fall of the reich.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Single Decal SS helmet I obtained.
    P
    Many

very nice too.

?

Good looking helmet.

?

Looks to be a nice one. Not a PE helmet, they fought in Yugoslavia and later retreated into Austria. My friend was in that division.

I'll take you gentlemen word on it I don't know enough after all these years to comment on them they all look the same to me. Too many old fakes at the GS I got stuck with I guess dog bit once forget it. Leon I think we can all misjudge these helmets on here I have noticed the lighting the angles and my eyesight is not good in these over 60 years and I apologize about some items I don't think I looked at clearly I think that is why some many talk about in hand. I guess if I ever ran into a SS helmet I definetly would let you guys tell me about it but I doubt it as my collector friends seldom mess with them or see them for sale around here. timothy

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Looks to be a nice one. Not a PE helmet, they fought in Yugoslavia and later retreated into Austria. My friend was in that division.
    Correct Doug. It fought alongside its sister division "Handschar".

martinsuper, if your interested read "Himler's Bosnian division" by George Lepre.

It's a great read, you will enjoy it.

Gentlemen, I tried to upload a decal pic from my phone and had problems. Will upload one tomorrow.

I knew several Print Eugene vets. The helmet was captured in France, I just have never seen an oral rune used like that.

?

Quote by martinsuper View Post
    I knew several Print Eugene vets. The helmet was captured in France, I just have never seen an oral rune used like that.
    If the helmet was captured in France, then it is highly unlikely it belonged to a member from the 7th SS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast