Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS blackie helmet - look ok or a definite no go?

Article about: Hi, another helmet I'm looking at - how does it look to the gurus here?? Please respond asap...THANKS!

Default SS blackie helmet - look ok or a definite no go?

Hi, another helmet I'm looking at - how does it look to the gurus here?? Please respond asap...THANKS!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS blackie helmet - look ok or a definite no go?
    P
    Many

This one screams FAKE! The fake rune decal is on the wrong side to start with. Paint wrong etc.

Is this from the same source as before? How much are they asking for this creation?

Andy

In fact, it doesn’t even look like a fake decal. Looks like the entire shell may have been painted white and the then black painted around with the runes stencilled in later.

Andy

isn't it a Czech thingy?

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    This one screams FAKE! The fake rune decal is on the wrong side to start with. Paint wrong etc.

Is this from the same source as before? How much are they asking for this creation?

Andy

No...this one's from another seller....yeah, at first I thought maybe the photo was reversed as I assumed no one was that stupid to put it on the wrong side.

But I also have read that foreign volunteer SS members had it on the left side so that's a slight possibility (supposedly Himmler decreed that volunteer forces brought under the SS banner were to have the decal placed on the left side). I reached out to seller with some questions ....awaiting response.

EDIT: Updated to add...here is a foreign volunteer helmet listed on rupturedduck showing the decal on the left side:

WWII German Model 1942 SS Combat Helmet, "Reverse" Double Decal for Fo – The Ruptured Duck, LLC

And another:

An Outstanding M42 Waffen-SS Combat Helmet with Single C.A. Pocher Reverse Decal

"often referred to by collectors as a “reverse decal” helmet. In the past collectors have documented that this decal configuration can be attributed to Dutch or Belgian volunteers serving in the SS with a “first pattern” C.A Pocher manufactured runic decal that was applied by the soldier, not the factory, on the left side of the helmet, as opposed to the standard right side."

?

Sigh.... The Ruptured Duck Helmet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS blackie helmet - look ok or a definite no go?   SS blackie helmet - look ok or a definite no go?  

SS blackie helmet - look ok or a definite no go?   SS blackie helmet - look ok or a definite no go?  

SS blackie helmet - look ok or a definite no go?   SS blackie helmet - look ok or a definite no go?  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

E-Medals Helmet...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS blackie helmet - look ok or a definite no go?   SS blackie helmet - look ok or a definite no go?  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

MAP
    ?

Repainted, scrubbed, sanded, etc. etc. For kicks I would like to know the maker and photos of the liner.

I would not rush things. Two ASAP requests in short order is a warning sign. There are thousands of helmets out there for sale. Just take a step back and take it slower. You will with some patience and study, find what you need.

Case in point...as GWAR has so kindly uploaded the photos, the eMedals helmet is possibly a fake. NS never had a contract for SS helmets. On my phone so can't authenticate, but appears to be a Pocher decal. Would want to hear from others on the likelihood of these being added war time at a depot or field unit, or basically when decals were added to foreign volunteer helmets but the near mint condition has me doubtful
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Rene, I have read that German WW2 helmets were re-purposed by the Czech post war and were painted a shade of black so definitely a possibility.

Even if this helmet was remarkably an example with reversed runes the lack of 70+ years of patina rules it out immediately.

As MAP said, plenty of helmets out there.

Andy

If you compare yours to the ruptured duck one the answer should be clear ASAP :-)
    The emedals one is also junk.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast