Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS-camos

Article about: I was negotiating with a guy about a camo Luftwaffe helmet the other day that ended up being sold right in front of me. After letting me know about the luftwaffe was gone the seller told tha

Default Re: SS-camos

Quote by ackb View Post
    And also how he stacked two of them on each other seem a little weird. If you are handling a xxxxx USD helmet you would probably not risk it to get hit by other items which could result in some of the old paint getting scratched off. It is a dealer who has them for sale and he claims they are 100 % in ordnung...

He announces that he has been collecting in 20 years and that he needs to sell some of them because he got way too many. Haha what a crock
    I am somewhat suspicious by nature, and to me, it appears that the buyer of the luft camo may have been a shill used by the seller to lure you into quick buy before you lost your chance to own one or more of these rare gems. My thought is it would be best to take a wide berth around this crook in the future, and keep a hand over your wallet pocket. Jim G.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-camos
    P
    Many

?

Don’t worry I would never buy anything at this price class without being 100 % sure I am not being cheated. I can only laugh of a feller like this. He offers these helmets to a price between 2500-4000 usd. But some poor people must occasionally buy these helmets since these scumbags keep coming up. Searching around the net for helmet it sometime feels like there is at least 1/1 on scumbags against good guys.

It truly annoys me that people are trying to cheat another other person for a lot of $... I would really enjoy renting a steamroller and run these camo helmets flat like pancakes – then we would at least have six fewer of these shitty helmets. And it would be a nice rush to watch the dealers face when they got mashed one by one..

Quote by ackb View Post
    Don’t worry I would never buy anything at this price class without being 100 % sure I am not being cheated. I can only laugh of a feller like this. He offers these helmets to a price between 2500-4000 usd. But some poor people must occasionally buy these helmets since these scumbags keep coming up. Searching around the net for helmet it sometime feels like there is at least 1/1 on scumbags against good guys.

It truly annoys me that people are trying to cheat another other person for a lot of $... I would really enjoy renting a steamroller and run these camo helmets flat like pancakes – then we would at least have six fewer of these shitty helmets. And it would be a nice rush to watch the dealers face when they got mashed one by one..
    That would be a steal if they were legit. I'll take the DD Normandy M40

?

Shame they have effectively wrecked originsl helmets, that essentially now have no collector value or history

?

funny park bench comment :-)

?

Thanks Jim and Ned for clarifying the term "break". Some more information for your learning pleasure as well, I refer in the SS decals reference thread to "hard" and "soft" breaks. A decal like a Pocher has a "hard break" where the vertical borders end abruptly and then turns inward to the bottom point. A decal like an ET has a "soft break" where the vertical borders do not end but rather curve gently inwards towards the bottom point.

Further to this the runes for each decal manufacturer are in a consistent position from this break and a key visual reference point on every SS decal is always the left hand break. Many fakers damage or paint over or cover with wire the left hand break as it is often a dead giveaway as a fake. Often the decal has suffered the most (fake) damage or covering in this 1 spot. This is consistent with every decal in this thread with I think 1 exception. Whoever faked these helmets knew this reference point and tried to hide it on purpose. If the left hand break is damaged or covered in any way and you are new with SS decals then automatically your spider senses should start tingling that there is something not right. Note, many real decals and helmets have suffered decal damage in this area as well so its not a hard and fast rule, just one of the many things to note when evaluating an SS helmet.

I hope this makes the term "break" and what to look for a part of your decal knowledge skills!
    Cheers
    Doug

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3