Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ss dd ef64 m35(3441)

Article about: by DougB Brian I recently visited with a high end Imperial collector who purchases raw rolled steel for his business and each roll has a stamp traceable to the foundry. He says this hasn't c

Default Ss dd ef64 m35(3441)

Hello everybody,i have just been "ambushed" during my walk on the net by this so called SS double decal pea green m35.In my opinion it is a fake,the scary part for me is that the lot number matches up for an EF SS original!!! This just does not look like an EF decal to me,the runes do not finish below the brake,and the break is sharp and not soft ,if anything it's a poor pocher! As for the party shield it appears to show crazeing ,where as the runic shield does not,and there is a conveinent bit of damage where i believe it is hideing a "fake" off centre swastika! Oh by the way i don't think EF SS decals were on M35 helmets,but i suppose a factory upgrade would be possible,although this helmet is not one as it still retains it's re-enforced M35 liner,and green paint!!( + a fake chinstrap???) Forgot to add it is only £3000. A real double decal SS bargain!!
    Attached Images Attached Images Ss dd ef64 m35(3441)  Ss dd ef64 m35(3441)  Ss dd ef64 m35(3441)  Ss dd ef64 m35(3441)  Ss dd ef64 m35(3441) 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss dd ef64 m35(3441)
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Ss dd ef64 m35(3441)

Can you get a good close up of the runic decal ?

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hi, these are the only pictures supplied on the site that it is for sale on i'm afraid. Leon.

?

Whose selling it Leon ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

A place called "Battleflag", i have had dealings there once before and i will admit the chap running it refunded me straight away when i challenged a couple of peices i bought no questions asked! That said he assured me the items were genuine and came from a well established collection,re-advertised them and then a week later e-mailed me to say he had removed them from his site as he discovered they were indeed fakes!! Make what you will of that!! He has what in my opinion is a high level of fakes for sale on his site(maybe he just does'nt know?)

?

Had a look at his site , only his helmets some real shockers !!

1st July 1916

?

These are indeed reproduction decals with manmade aging, tool marking the decals. The helmet was probably baked to give the decals some look of age and cracking. However the large cracking is unlike what you see on real party decals. (On a side note, party decals and runic decals may age - ie; craze, differently due to different construction).

A reminder the lot number list is but a partial use in determination of real vs fake and lot numbers are not exclusive to a given service branch. Fakers will use the lot number list as well to their own devious ends.

As well, the GHW2 lot number list is based upon helmets deemed as real posted in the forum and all can be looked up there and seen, or are at least archived. With respect to Brian and by no means an accusation nir a condemnation of his abilities or his information, but the fact remains there is no way to know if the lot numbers correspond to real SS helmets or fake ones in a book without seeing them. For all we know, this helmet could be the very one referred to in the book, if in fact the book is where you are getting your lot number information.

Hi Doug,thanks for your learned input,as i 100% expected you have re-affirmed my instincts,i just could not see a correct aspect to the decals or the relationship to this manufacturer of helmet.Even though i have collected Third reich for years i still feel the need to post my thoughts and learn if i'm wrong.As for the lot number issue,yes i do use brians book but only as a reference to "weed out" the helmets that have been completely re-worked on the wrong shells.I take most things except knowledge from my elders and betters as a "pinch of salt!!!" Leon

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hello everybody,i have just been "ambushed" during my walk on the net by this so called SS double decal pea green m35.In my opinion it is a fake,the scary part for me is that the lot number matches up for an EF SS original!!! This just does not look like an EF decal to me,the runes do not finish below the brake,and the break is sharp and not soft ,if anything it's a poor pocher! As for the party shield it appears to show crazeing ,where as the runic shield does not,and there is a conveinent bit of damage where i believe it is hideing a "fake" off centre swastika! Oh by the way i don't think EF SS decals were on M35 helmets,but i suppose a factory upgrade would be possible,although this helmet is not one as it still retains it's re-enforced M35 liner,and green paint!!( + a fake chinstrap???) Forgot to add it is only £3000. A real double decal SS bargain!!
    Oh crap! Another EF SS thread??

Good job on catching this one! But the expected decals on EF M35's are Pochers. I dont think EF had their own SS decals at the time.

?

One of a number of SS and Camo shockers this guy has on his site !!

1st July 1916

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast