Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS DD helmet

Article about: Both decals are total reproduction SS and party decals.

?

Default SS DD helmet

Here is a helmet i bought a while back together with some other items, bayonets ect. The ones of you who read that thread have seen the helmet before. I got requests on better pics of the decals, because i would like know if the lid is original. So here is some pics of decals, liner and helmet.

SS DD helmetSS DD helmetSS DD helmetSS DD helmetSS DD helmetSS DD helmetSS DD helmetSS DD helmetSS DD helmetSS DD helmetSS DD helmetSS DD helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS DD helmet
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS DD helmet

Hi Datrus,

I noticed the SS shield has a longer "chin". Was it a fish eye shot you took? I also notice the rune is sitting slightly above the break of the shield and that concerns me. Personally, i'm not comfortable with this one, but let's give others a chance to chime in. =)

regards
    Samir

?

No fish eye photos. Just straight on auto focus. Thanks for your opinion Samir

I do not like the decals,I would say bad.
    chris

Yes, the decals are bad. Totally wrong dimensions not to mention that the liner doesn't belong with the condition of the helmet.

?

I have to admit the decals appear to be over applied pitting, also i dont know if its my computer but there appears to be a red colouration in the liner, which is a red flag to me and the fact that a lot of Norwegian liners appear to be 9 fingered

?

Thanks for the input guys. Of course the liner is not original to the helmet. Relic helmets does not have liners in this condition. I believe the liner to be ok though.

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    I have to admit the decals appear to be over applied pitting, also i dont know if its my computer but there appears to be a red colouration in the liner, which is a red flag to me and the fact that a lot of Norwegian liners appear to be 9 fingered
    Yes Dave. I also noticed the nine finger liner. Are the exclusively Norwegian?

?

Norwegian liners are known to be burgundy in color with brass or brass colored pins to my understanding.

?

Over time the deep red fades and yes some are fitted with brass small headed leather pins, but this liner isnt original to the helmet therefore any type of pins could be used, but i dont see any pins which could mean they are the small type

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast