MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS DD M40 for review.

Article about: by Krikke1980 For information. The helmet is sold on Snyder's Treasures... again proven that it's a very bad dealersite!!! K. UGH! I wish a hacker would just nuke his site...

Default Re: SS DD M40 for review.

He has been selling WW2 militaria since WWI

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS DD M40 for review.
    P
    Many

?

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    Is he purposefully trying to rip people off or is he really that incompetent of a dealer? That is the real question...
    Yes he is a well known scam artist. He has been selling fakes to unknowing buyers for many many years. There are not enough bad things to say about the oldbastard.

?

Charlie is probably 65-75 years old and has been in the militaria business for more than 40 years, maybe more. Some other guys on here probably know exactly.
    I don't trust anything he sells. And he knows the difference between real & fake...

?

He has been selling WW2 militaria since WWI
    Good Answer!

Is he purposefully trying to rip people off or is he really that incompetent of a dealer? That is the real question...
    To answer your question-Yes, he is purposely ripping people off. He has been known to laugh at his "customers/victims" and refer to them as "suckers". As to how old he is, I would estimate that he is at least 40 years Too old...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

That's terrible. I guess he knows the laws or something or he would have been arrested a long time ago. I guess its tough trying to prove an SS helmet in court if its real or not. They wouldn't even know the difference, not to mention they won't have any sympathy for you for dishing out $5k for a helmet that is linked to the horrors of WW2.

Samir

As far as the law goes, he knows full well that if, perish the thought, Someday a well-heeled victim Does get irate and demand his money back in court, all he has to do is say "Ooops! I guess I was wrong on that piece!" and return his payment price. Game over. You can't be prosecuted for being a poor judge of what's real or not-that's up to the customers/suckers to determine for themselves. I would imagine that over the decades, occasionally he has been forced to do refunds, but unless it's a major amount of money, it's hardly worth going to court over. The sad thing is, he started out being Legitimate....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by SSamir View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how old is this "Charlie"? And how long has he been in business?

Samir
    Older than dirt and forever. He was running militaria shows in the north east since the 70's at least with , I believe , a dealer named Ed Wynne.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3