Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS DD Relic!!!

Article about: Hello again guys i was wondering if you could take a look at these images and give my your opinions please!? :S Thanks in Advance RHTom,

?

Default SS DD Relic!!!

Hello again guys i was wondering if you could take a look at these images and give my your opinions please!? :S

Thanks in Advance

RHTom,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS DD Relic!!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS DD Relic!!!

This one is no good

Hi,really hard to tell from these pictures but the party shield looks to be to rounded on the breaks of the shield for my likeing,the edges do not look sharp enough,the SS runes do however look better and like pocher's.I can't see any scrubbing around the decals which is good but i am not convinced by that party shield as of yet,do you know where it was recoverd from? Leon.

?

Yea the recovery location was "courland pocket surrender site of army group north" if this helps.

Thanks Tom,

?

This is buyers beware territory, no way to know without an in hand and even then condition may preclude an obvious answer. I see no visual clues indicating authenticity or not. Perhaps those who collect relics and are experienced with helmets in this condition may think otherwise but I would pass on any SS relic without clear provenance and it be "one looker textbook".

?

This one could actually depend on the source , if they are a reliable digger it may have a chance .

I have seen photos of double decal helmets in wear at Narva in 1944 but not in Kurland.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Yes this is true Paul, with relics one must find the source "digger" as you say as well. If a known and highly reputable digger were selling me this from a dig I would be less hesitant, but from an anonymous source, I'd pass.

?

Well i'm not no expert and this is why i always ask for another opinion . All i can tell you is that source is another website "bluegreyrelics". Google it to find it. The owner claims all his items are genuine authentic and that he knows his sources the people he gets these off. You guys could also check out what he currently has up on his website and see if any of his other stuff looks legit and i see no reason this wouldn't be.

I'm in 2 minds about the helmet but leaning towards buying it.

Tom,

?

Why not post a link for everyone ? If you are in two minds about it then you should probably leave it !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Great War Relics - WW I & WWII Artifacts

I didn't post the link in case of forum rules. This actually helmet isn't on the website as he offered it to me in a email of his new stock coming in. I can still buy it and i have a 10 day send back period in case i'm not happy and as you say in hand you can see something different. So i won't be risking my money on a complete gamble.

Tom,

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast