Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

SS DD Thoughts?

Article about: Just picked this up with a pile of other stuff. All the stuff looks good to me but I have never had one of these before so fake is my natural default position. Thanks, Doug

?

Quote by DerKerl View Post
    I just love to advance the knowledge of the hobby. Doug
    I doubt that. Once u sell this helmet, we will never see u again. I notice that lots of collectors that stumble across these helmets say the same BS, and disappear into thin air right after the sale. Be straight up, and we will be more than happy to help. I dont mind u getting top dollor for your helmet, but be straight forward.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS DD Thoughts?
    P
    Many

Quote by SSamir View Post
    I doubt that. Once u sell this helmet, we will never see u again. I notice that lots of collectors that stumble across these helmets say the same BS, and disappear into thin air right after the sale. Be straight up, and we will be more than happy to help. I dont mind u getting top dollor for your helmet, but be straight forward.
    It's not just within the helmet community. I see it happen in the cap and tunic community all the time, too. Actually, I'm quite sure it happens in all the sub-collecting communities.
    It is quite sad if you ask me, but what really upsets me is when they do something like this, then sell the item for 20k, and only give the vet 500 dollars. I'm sure that happens just as much, if not more.

Oh, Usually, note the word usually please, when one says I'd love to advance the knowledge of the hobby and they aren't a collector it means, I'd love to advance the amount of cash in my wallet, lol.

?

I have no problems when a member tries to get as much as he could for his find, what I do have a problem with, when they come in here and start to jive us on how much they loved to learn about ss helmets, then they are no where to be found. Just say, I have a helmet, how much do u think I can get for it, or what do I have? Thats all im asking. Im sure Doug is a nice guy, but please be straight up, its no crime.

I have no problems when a member tries to get as much as he could for his find, what I do have a problem with, when they come in here and start to jive us on how much they loved to learn about ss helmets, then they are no where to be found. Just say, I have a helmet, how much do u think I can get for it, or what do I have? Thats all im asking. Im sure Doug is a nice guy, but please be straight up, its no crime.
    Truly, I'd rather them b.s us then the vet who actually earned these items. In the past, I've had vets give me items worth thousands of dollars. I'd always explain to them that the items were worth x amount, yet they didn't change their mind and would still let me keep them.
    Honesty can sometimes go a long way.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 09-05-2013 at 08:20 PM.

Hang on guys, the thread starter Doug has been a member here since 2009 -which is 2 years longer than you and 3 years longer than youthcollector1 and he was here before me- and though maybe not a frequent poster has hung around a bit longer than the average is it real, whats it worth? new member never to be seen again and perhaps you and youthcollector1 are being a bit hard on him.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Hang on guys, the thread starter Doug has been a member here since 2009 -which is 2 years longer than you and 3 years longer than youthcollector1 and he was here before me- and though maybe not a frequent poster has hung around a bit longer than the average is it real, whats it worth? new member never to be seen again and perhaps you and youthcollector1 are being a bit hard on him.
    Jerry, I understand, but its not how long u been a member, but how much one has contributed.

?

Jerry, don't get me wrong, I have talked with Doug through pms, sounds like a decent guy, no one saying hes not.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Note I said usually. Hints why I capitalized, "usually". And I was also responding to ssmair, not Doug. Sorry if you thought I was referring to you Doug.
    My main point for posting was to respond to SSmair comment about members bsing when asking for help, and how it can happen in all areas of collecting; with it usually being those type of people who will rip off the vets.

So, just so it is known, it had nothing to do with you in particular Doug. I will admit, however, usually when someone doesn't collect an item they've purchased, they are more concerned with their pocket book rather than helping the community grow in anyway unless it's beneficial to them. There are always exceptions to the rule, of course.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 09-05-2013 at 08:21 PM.

?

I know members that have longer status that are 100% corrupt, so length of membership is irrlivent.

Jerry, don't get me wrong, I have talked with Doug through pms, sounds like a decent guy, no one saying hes not.
    Well sorry, but it did read like you and YC1 were having a go at him and if I read it the wrong way, then I'll get my coat.

As you say, it is about contributing, but each to their own and there could be any number of reasons why he does not post a lot, perhaps he has a life, or does not have much money to spend or works away, or has a nagging wife, or sick kids etc....

I post a lot, hopefully helping when I can, but we are all different and each to their own and unless someone comes over as an obvious dirtbag, then live and let live IMHO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast