Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Decal question (yet another)

Article about: by Schwerpunkt I would check the lotnr first. PS This is not the typical EF style but corresponds to the ET style runes also found on EF shells. Frank lot numbers and ET decaled EF helmets h

?

Default Re: SS Decal question (yet another)

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    I would check the lotnr first.

PS This is not the typical EF style but corresponds to the ET style runes also found on EF shells.
    Frank lot numbers and ET decaled EF helmets have no pattern at all. Unless the lot number is a strange one I dont believe a lot number says anything with respect to ET decaled EF helmets. Caveat is still any scrubbed decal is an in hand item to confirm 100% of the time.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Decal question (yet another)
    P
    Many

?

Hello. I thought that I'd chime in here with a little extra info. I am the other party in this trade (The one trading away the ss helmet)
    Anyway, if it helps or is of interest, I bought this helmet late autumn 2007 or early spring 2008 from Rich B., best known as 55rab over at Wehrmach awards (estand) forum. He also have a website dedicated to german helmets:
    German Helmet Depot
    I don't know wether or not this information is of any interest, but perhaps someone here knows the fellow that I originally bought the helmet from.
    Other than that I will let the members and wievers here discuss and judge the helmet and decal in detail.
    As for myself, I am quite confident that the helmet with decal is original. Althou it has been cleaned, and the liner has been replaced.. The helmet was like this when I first bought it.
    If for any reason, Renè should not be happy with the helmet (s) he may just send the package in return, and all is ok.

Cheers
    Björn
    Last edited by Bjørn; 12-12-2011 at 10:31 PM.

?

Decal looks OK so far, but as Doug stated it looks like it has been scrubbed.

Regards
    Samir

?

Rich is a good guy and knows his helmets. I've bought a couple from him in the past. As said it looks good, ET SS decals on EF shells is an anamoly.

Cheers All

G'day All

I have the helmet now and I'm totally satisfied on it's authenticity Cheers Björn and Thank You Most Kindly Mate.

I'm not sure guys on the term scrubbed, worn perhaps?
    Last edited by reneblacky; 01-02-2012 at 05:55 AM. Reason: added text

?

Scrubbed is a term I use for a worn decal that has a consistent overall chafing tpe wear to it, something not detrimental as a helmet cover could have done this or the soldiers removal of winter whitewash, chaffing around in a duffle bag, any number of period uses could have scrubbed the decal wear, congrats nice helmet!

Here's a couple of extra shots

How about a nice shot of the decal as well !!! They look like dodgy dealer pictures !! haha

Rene

Just noticed the post dates. Great addition to your collection! Congrats!!

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast