Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS decal-real deal?

Article about: by popcorn what gave it away as a fake? The list is long but think on this ........ it has supposed to have been on the helmet ( and the paint too ) for 70 years!!!!! and really, it looks NO

?

Default Re: SS decal-real deal?

Another red flag is, if "money is tight" he wouldn't be taking in trades, but cash only.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS decal-real deal?
    P
    Many

Quote by SSamir View Post
    Another red flag is, if "money is tight" he wouldn't be taking in trades, but cash only.
    As well as no collector with the smallest bit of knowledge that was in his/her right mind would ever trade an authentic ss helmet in this condition for an SA dagger; the most produced dagger in the tr realm besides the hitler youths. That would be the first indicator the item is fake IMO.

Oral history that accompanies an item in these days, as has been already said, must be weighed by the reputation of the individual marketing the item. An old time collector, such as myself, often will relate oral history of an item that came directly from the veteran who aquired the item. It is a trajedy to completely lose this information when it is valid. The modern collecting approach of buy the item, not the story, is of course valid. However, it is just as important to retain valid history of an item that comes from a reputable source.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks again for the tips. This is why I wanted to run it by the forum before doing the trade. The shell, liner seemed good but I know often they use real helmets to docter up something they weren't originally and I have too little experience with SS helmets. By the way I meant money was tight for me not the seller. He also admitted having little knowedge with these helmets. I don't buy the "vet story" 100% unless I personally know the person.

?

Sorry, I misunderstood you, but you still posted here before u bought which was smart. Something lots of people neglect to do.

Regards
    Samir

P.S I love your user name. I think its cool.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3