Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Div. Nord battle damage helmet - authentic?

Article about: To me, no SS helmet is real until clear close-up shots of the decals are provided; if these are the only photos you have, then you are gambling! Try n get close-up shots—or let it go! Samir

?

To me, no SS helmet is real until clear close-up shots of the decals are provided; if these are the only photos you have, then you are gambling! Try n get close-up shots—or let it go!

Samir

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Div. Nord battle damage helmet - authentic?
    P
    Many

Fully agree with Samir. I wouldn't say it is fake from these pics, but I wouldn't send him a dollar either.

Looks to have been cleaned around the SS decal, see the 'halo'? I would pass...

The seller answered and said ''Decals are in original condition. Party decal is quite faded, but real original''. So no chances to get close ups. I'll pass.
    Someone likes to gamble, offer of 120€ have been given already.

Quote by Finnlander View Post
    The seller answered and said ''Decals are in original condition. Party decal is quite faded, but real original''. So no chances to get close ups. I'll pass.

Says it all ,the seller wants to sell but does not want to give you decal close ups!!!!! A good decision to leave this well alone in my opinion! Leon.

?

Quote by Finnlander View Post
    There you go. The seller is FOS.

Personally, I don't like it. The runic decal area looks to have been "blow-torched".

Quote by SSamir View Post
    There you go. The seller is FOS.

Personally, I don't like it. The runic decal area looks to have been "blow-torched".
    It never ceases to amaze me SSamir how many 100% genuine SS helmets are available until you ask for "extra" close ups of the decals!! For me it stunk from day one , but this could cost somebody not only money but the disappointment of thinking they had a nice piece and finding out it's trash later. Very Very bad!! Leon.

?

If someone knows what a ss helmet are, and wants to sell it. Then they also knows perfectly well quality photos are needed.

No quality photos= Not genuine.

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    With THAT much pitting and still with THAT much of a decal??? - sorry, for me it stands a snowballs chance in Hades!
    ......and I'm sure I can see airbrush work as well.

Dan
    Honestly Dan I think a snowballs chance in hell is better odds than I would give it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2