Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS double decal ET 66 -->for me the hellfire of collecting...

Article about: Hi Guys around the world! please spend a little time of your knowlege on these helmet. I think the inlet is Norwegian but I can`t speak for decals... Please let me know...... Annoyed from th

Default SS double decal ET 66 -->for me the hellfire of collecting...

Hi Guys around the world!
    please spend a little time of your knowlege on these helmet.
    I think the inlet is Norwegian but I can`t speak for decals...
    Please let me know......
    cheers
    Nikolaus
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS double decal  ET 66 -->for me the hellfire of collecting...   SS double decal  ET 66 -->for me the hellfire of collecting...  

SS double decal  ET 66 -->for me the hellfire of collecting...   SS double decal  ET 66 -->for me the hellfire of collecting...  

SS double decal  ET 66 -->for me the hellfire of collecting...   SS double decal  ET 66 -->for me the hellfire of collecting...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS double decal  ET 66 -->for me the hellfire of collecting...
    P
    Many

The decals have been artificially distressed to mimic wear, but it has a nice chinstrap .........

Would agree that the decals stand out as beat up compared to the shell even with a quick look.
    Steve

Hi, as John has said, the wear to the decals is heavy especially when compared to the surrounding paint work which is almost untouched! That said the Runic decal is dammed good if it is a fake ET type and the lot number does have other known SS examples associated with it (but that does not mean a great deal). If the wear did not look so contrived to the decals I would give it a chance that it has just had a crappy bit of Norwegian leather added to the existing liner band? I am interested to hear what Doug and SSamir think of this one as I have mixed feelings on it. Leon.

Except for the liner I vote good. Of course I'm not the expert you're after. I too will be awaiting Doug and SSamir!

?

Good decals for me. Not sure what happened to the rest of the helmet.

Samir

Quote by SSamir View Post
    Good decals for me. Not sure what happened to the rest of the helmet.

Samir
    Hi SSamir, that's what I was thinking, it just makes no sense to "tap away" at good decals but leave the rest of the helmet well alone. Maybe a child got their toy hammer on it!! It sure is a strange one. Leon.

?

Someone sent me private pics of these a week or so ago while I was travelling and only had my iPad. Seeing them on my 27"hi res monitor they look good but touched up. Strange ones as well, something I would not be comfortable giving a thumbs up online without my hands on and magnified.

?

Hi, can't comment on the decals but it looks like this one was stripped from post war paint IMO.