Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

ss double decal helmet

Article about: by DougB Steve, they are out there, you just need to mine gold in a gold mine and not a salt mine, LOL. Sadly they arent cheap but you get what you pay for I suppose considering the fakes th

Default Re: ss double decal helmet

Quote by DougB View Post
    Steve, they are out there, you just need to mine gold in a gold mine and not a salt mine, LOL. Sadly they arent cheap but you get what you pay for I suppose considering the fakes that are out there. By coincidence one has been just listed that is an M40 stone cold real 5 second one looker Q SS here Board Message
    listed about 15 minutes ago by one of the more discriminating SS helmet collectors. Kelly Hicks' website also has several good ones for sale recently listed including an M42 that I bought for a fellow collector years ago. So they are out there!
    Cheers
    Doug
    But sadly overpriced by at least 2500$.

I know a couple of others for sale but make sure to break the piggy bank.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss double decal helmet
    P
    Many

Quote by DougB View Post
    Steve, they are out there, you just need to mine gold in a gold mine and not a salt mine, LOL. Sadly they arent cheap they are out there!
    Cheers
    Doug
    dOUG, YOU'RE RIGHT OF COURSE THEY ARE OUT THERE. tHAT ONE i HAD A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO, HAD BEEN "TRASHED" AS A FAKE BY A VERY WELL KNOWN AND "RESPECTED" DEALER. aND AS YOU KNOW, IT WENT FOR A REASONABLE PRICE

Sorry for the caps lock, not shouting

And I'm off line for a while, as I've just moved and I haven't got internet until mid June!!

?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    dOUG, YOU'RE RIGHT OF COURSE THEY ARE OUT THERE. tHAT ONE i HAD A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO, HAD BEEN "TRASHED" AS A FAKE BY A VERY WELL KNOWN AND "RESPECTED" DEALER. aND AS YOU KNOW, IT WENT FOR A REASONABLE PRICE
    To be fair to that dealer John, I would venture a guess that many collectors and dealers by photos alone would have taken the same stance. Luckily I have handled and owned several like the one that was brought forward for an opinion and there are very specific things to look for that helped identify it as a good one. And it was a very good one indeed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2