Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Double Decal Helmet

Article about: Guys some outstanding advice on the back of long experience is currently being given out on many of the threads in the Helmet forum Without wanting to be negative and put people of giving an

jerryswallow
    ?

Default SS Double Decal Helmet

Hello, l need help to tell me anything about this helmet, l looked all over the net, but its confusing, l found two helmets in my uncles shed, one is this ss helmet, which he does not know anything about, the other was a luftwaffe camo helmet l,ll post later.. this ss helmet ld like to get some help with.. the vent holes look like they were inserted not stamped in, color is dark grey with scratches and wear hear n there, rim and top mostly..the ss decal looks metalic, but is gold? but has silver spots, liner is good, with 56 stamped on it, and a bit moldy..theres numbers marked on inside, q64 and l can see 829 ?
    chin strap has no markings on it..can anyone help, is it worth keeping?
    have another that my dad brought hone in 1945 will post that next, please help..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Double Decal Helmet   SS Double Decal Helmet  

SS Double Decal Helmet   SS Double Decal Helmet  

SS Double Decal Helmet   SS Double Decal Helmet  

2. # ADS

Default Re: SS Double Decal Helmet

You have a very rare helmet there, and I'm no expert but it looks original to me. If your dad brought it back in 1945 I'm sure it's real.

Im not one of the pros but looks like a very good example of the double decal lids. Im still learning helmets so if im wong steel helmet guys dont hang me! Hope you get accurate info Eric & Welcome to the forum!!

jerryswallow
    ?

thank you, lm sure its real as where it came from, but dont know anything about it,, regards to you all, jerry

Quote by Wehrmacht39 View Post
    You have a very rare helmet there, and I'm no expert but it looks original to me. If your dad brought it back in 1945 I'm sure it's real.
    Wehrmacht you beat me to the first reply i know you wont hang me

Quote by jerryswallow View Post
    thank you, lm sure its real as where it came from, but dont know anything about it,, regards to you all, jerry
    Yes all those numbers mean something and hang on and alot more info will come and from what i see you could have something really good in my opinion.

jerryswallow
    ?

lm going to ask him, my uncle, hes about 90 now, so its hard to get anything out of him, said he did not know anything about the ss helmet, but the luftwaffe cammo my dad took that in ede, holland, l,ll post what l can find out, ld really like to know about these helmets..thank you

Quote by jerryswallow View Post
    lm going to ask him, my uncle, hes about 90 now, so its hard to get anything out of him, said he did not know anything about the ss helmet, but the luftwaffe cammo my dad took that in ede, holland, l,ll post what l can find out, ld really like to know about these helmets..thank you
    I would love to hear the story some people on here dont believe in a story only the item but i still love to hear them and do believe most of them when it comes out of 85+ VETS mouth. God bless the greatest generation.

jerryswallow
    ?

thank you ez1969, l,ll get a story out of him, my dad passed away 10 yrs ago, l seen several things he had from the war, but never knew of the helmets, he never said much on any of it, yes l,d like to hear the storys if they want to talk..

Would need better pictures.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast