Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

SS Double Decal helmet

Article about: I know this is such a minefield, I'll just post the pictures on the off chance the decals might be all original. Asking is a staggering \\$3500, so I'm not holding my breath.

Default SS Double Decal helmet

I know this is such a minefield which is one reason I rarely look at SS stuff, so I'll just post the pictures on the off chance the decals might be all original. Asking is a staggering $3500, so I'm not holding my breath. A flag I see is the decals are a bit more roughed up than the helmet seems to be....

SS Double Decal helmetSS Double Decal helmetSS Double Decal helmetSS Double Decal helmetSS Double Decal helmetSS Double Decal helmetSS Double Decal helmetSS Double Decal helmetSS Double Decal helmetSS Double Decal helmetSS Double Decal helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Double Decal helmet
    P
    Many

Nooooooooo, no, no ,no.

I was afraid of that. Is the helmet an original heer though? Thanks sir.

Hi, no chance I am afraid, poorly aged decals on a "minty" shell! There's no way that it is an original SS helmet, the decals are trying to be Pocher types but the helmet is a Quist and that would mean having Quist produced decals on it. Leon.

?

Looks like a refurbished shell, stripped and replanted recently. Like you said, the lid is near perfect yet the decals appear to have been sanded, with no damage around the decal

Thanks guys for the opinions.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, no chance I am afraid, poorly aged decals on a "minty" shell! There's no way that it is an original SS helmet, the decals are trying to be Pocher types but the helmet is a Quist and that would mean having Quist produced decals on it. Leon.
    Regardless, I appreciate the info. I can take this to the decals thread and study up on these a bit more. I knew from various posts to the forum in the last few months, curved edges (particularly the bottom point) were a fake giveaway on the decals, but there's a lot to absorb on factory variations as well. I'm starting to see why you guys have decades of study in on this sort of thing and can still learn new things.

Look at genuine decal examples by using the search function. Decals do not naturally age in the manner the ones on this helmet do. Definitley hit with an abrasive to attempt to show age.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Agree I'll leave the decals to others that looks like a ex Norweign used German helmet you can see traces of the red dye left on the end of liner toungs where someone removed the Norweign brick red dye from the liner inside looks a Norweign green to me also. timothy

?

Had this been the real deal, $3500 wouldn't be "staggering", it would have been a good deal. But I will give you credit, you posted before buying--smart man.

Regards
    Samir