Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS double decal helmet

Article about: Hello guys, what´s your opinion on this helmet? its stamped q66 21057

Looks like a decal or something under the SS decal. Evident along the right edge.
    D.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS double decal helmet
    P
    Many

Hi, looks like there is a small "fleck" of red where the runic shield is damaged at the bottom left to me. I would say that this is an ex double decal HEER helmet that has had some post war decals added along with a dome stamp. Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, looks like there is a small "fleck" of red where the runic shield is damaged at the bottom left to me. I would say that this is an ex double decal HEER helmet that has had some post war decals added along with a dome stamp. Leon.
    You always spot the tiny details Leon. Interestingly Frank has exactly the same lot number (21057) as a DD Heer.
    Lot number 21059 has DD SS with Pocher decal. Looking at the SS helmets in his database, quite a few have Pocher decals.
    There are of course multiple differences within each batch, but I just though i'd chuck this out there.
    Nick

So basically it´s DD helmet but decals are wrong?

The runes are fake, too sharp and the dimensions are incorrect IMO. Also, same like artificial tool marking on the decal.
    May I ask, this and the other SS lid you posted have issues, did you buy both from the same source, as they could both quite easily catch out a novice collecter.

Quote by Blackdog View Post
    The runes are fake, too sharp and the dimensions are incorrect IMO. Also, same like artificial tool marking on the decal.
    May I ask, this and the other SS lid you posted have issues, did you buy both from the same source, as they could both quite easily catch out a novice collecter.
    Agree
    The main reason I dislike this helmet IMO, it was "built to deceive". Many "restored" or re-decaled helmets to me appear "innocent". Hard to describe what I am trying to say. This one just has a look that the intent was to rip somebody off "big time". It screams fraud, money being the #1 motive for the "restoration"

D.

A shame that someone would choose to deliberately ruin a perfectly good DD Heer helmet to try and make a buck. Those are hardly cheap themselves. Not as expensive as an SS helmet, but still a pretty penny.

B.B.

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    You always spot the tiny details Leon. Interestingly Frank has exactly the same lot number (21057) as a DD Heer.
    Lot number 21059 has DD SS with Pocher decal. Looking at the SS helmets in his database, quite a few have Pocher decals.
    There are of course multiple differences within each batch, but I just though i'd chuck this out there.
    Nick
    Only before I start on the beer Nick, afterwards I often back a bright pink SS helmet as being a good one! Leon.

I bought them in auction at sale room. Final question,has this helmet any value?

Quote by mataprsk View Post
    I bought them in auction at sale room. Final question,has this helmet any value?
    Yeah, of course, if you strip off the nasty post war decals carefully you have a decent "decal removed" M35 HEER which is probably what it was before being tampered with. Try and get rid of the dome stamp as well while you are at it. Leon.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast