Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ss dutch helmet

Article about: This was found out of a house not long ago. Was just wanting to get some thoughts. Need some expert advise. Posting from cell phone sorry i tried on the photos

?

Default Ss dutch helmet

This was found out of a house not long ago. Was just wanting to get some thoughts. Need some expert advise. Posting from cell phone sorry i tried on the photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss  dutch helmet   Ss  dutch helmet  

Ss  dutch helmet   Ss  dutch helmet  

Ss  dutch helmet   Ss  dutch helmet  

Ss  dutch helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss  dutch helmet
    P
    Many

Hi Fubarr
    You & I did not "hit it off too well" last posting if my memory serves me correct. However, that has nothing to do with this. I personally have never seen this decal in a book or in hand. But I did show to a few advanced helmet collectors out of respect for you & the helmet collecting community
    , so far there is a similar example in the Baer book, it is thought they did exist. One of my collector friends told me there are many repros of this decal, but they are obvious fakes. This one...well he is sort of "scratching his head". Not sure, which is good for you. At least it is not a "blatant" fake.

The problem is...there is not any that he knows to compare it to for authenticity...so that's a big issue.

If & when I get another opinion or two from reliable sources, I will contact you because if it is original, will be quite valueable.

David

?

Yes you are correct we did butt heads and I'm sorry we did. I know your credentials and I know your well respected so I hope you except my apologies and lets leave it there and I'm sorry and respect Whatever advice you can give me on this and yes if it is truly real I know im talking high rare end of the spectrum. Thank you for helping me out ill take whatever advice you can help me out with this . I appreciate it seriously

Sent you a PM

MAP
    ?

Davids friends are highly respected. And agree that there is nothing to compare to so it would be just a guess unless you can put it under a USB and even then it may not prove much.

Is there any back story to this beside being a house clean out?

One thing I would say, is if it is yours now, I would keep it. Some day some evidence could be found that supports it's originality then you would be sitting on a nice rare helmet. In the meantime it's a nice conversation piece.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

That's where the previous owner got it from and it fell into me. That's all I know .

Finally found an example of this in the Maertz/Goodapple book volume 2 from 1983 page 130. Described by Bill as M40 DD Dutch NSKK. Also looks to be a Q M40 as the OP helmet is. How he arrived at this description, being NSKK, not sure. Calls it a "Wolfs Hook" shield. Be great if M38 (Terry) would add to this thread since he co-authored the book. Will PM him tomorrow & maybe Jim G. might have a clue if he sees this thread. So for now until more info is obtained, that's where we stand.

?

So sounds like I have a fighting chance

MAP
    ?

Above and beyond David. But I know you love mysteries like this
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Very interesting. We are all waiting on the verdict.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast