Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Ss dutch helmet

Article about: This was found out of a house not long ago. Was just wanting to get some thoughts. Need some expert advise. Posting from cell phone sorry i tried on the photos

Love your display FUBARR particularly the lighting. Is that for effect or it is more sympathetic to the collection in terms of helping to preserve it?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss  dutch helmet
    P
    Many

...but is it Clarkes or FUBARRs?
    Whoever has the helmet please post with a copy of todays paper. It is the only way we'll know for sure.
    Nick

?

Its just for effect

- - ------- - -

Mine hounds tooth

The helmet belongs to me. I have had it for years. The reason that

The reason that " Fubarr" ( Either Sean Massarroti or Tony Luis) had it in PA is because they coned me into putting in their one time Fly by Night relic shop in Gettysburg. I left the helmet and several other items with them including the other helmets in the "For Effect" case pictured above. These two SCUM BAGS told me they had it sold in Holland which was a lie. They sold NOTHING!!! Took me months to get my stuff back! I can prove everything I am saying here! I wish I would NEVER have trusted these idiots. Will be talking to them next time I see them. Didn't know when I saw them last a few months ago that "Fubarr" was one of them!

Did we get a final verdict on the OP helmet? It was on eBay last winter and I inquired with a reputable dealer who told me the decals were fake.
    Attached Images Attached Images Ss  dutch helmet  Ss  dutch helmet  Ss  dutch helmet  Ss  dutch helmet  Ss  dutch helmet 
    Last edited by MilitariaMatt; 10-04-2018 at 02:29 PM.

I have shown mine to several high end collectors and dealers and most ALL agree its real BUT no one knows how much its worth. The idea if the two scumbags at the now defunct Mason Dixon Militaria shop posted it as theirs does not help much. No matter. Two sad little failures. I would love to see what they have to say about it but....... Nahhhhh! Cowards!

MAP
    ?

Quote by mclarke921 View Post
    I have shown mine to several high end collectors and dealers and most ALL agree its real BUT no one knows how much its worth. The idea if the two scumbags at the now defunct Mason Dixon Militaria shop posted it as theirs does not help much. No matter. Two sad little failures. I would love to see what they have to say about it but....... Nahhhhh! Cowards!
    A little confused and just trying to understand.

It's your helmet and you lent it to them for a display. But eventually you got it all back. Including the helmet? Correct?

Were they commissioned to try to sell if for you?

I actually was in Mason Dixon Militaria back in 2016 when I visited Gettysburg. Spent quite a bit of time in the store. Don't remember seeing this helmet but might have been before you lent it to them.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I'm glad you got your items back - I thought there was something fishy about FUBARR - I see he is now banned.

There are some Dutch SS repro decals out there:
    Dutch Helmet Transfers. Decals

But also, period photos too. So who knows?
    Nick

Map: I left the Dutch helmet along with several other (shown in case) as well as German, Japanese and other uniforms, field gear, footwear etc. All told, some 22 items total. Not for show, for sale on consignment. Note the date of his first post. December 7th. How ironic! They told me they had a buyer in Holland for the helm and ample floor traffic for the rest. Within a day or 2 I was warned that they : Mason Dixon - Tony and Sean, had a habit of keeping the $$ after sale and just making excuses. Long story I took the SS helmet back to much screaming and cursing, mostly from Sean: "What do you think this is? Some fly by night piece of $#!T? Within 2 months they were gone! Took me that long to get the rest of my stuff back!

Hounds tooth: Why was Fubarr banned? Do you know? I wish they were still on because I would LOVE to hear what they have to say. I am in Gettysburg now. Will go to the site of their now defunct store and photo the helmet WITH today's paper as suggested.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast