Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Ss dutch helmet

Article about: This was found out of a house not long ago. Was just wanting to get some thoughts. Need some expert advise. Posting from cell phone sorry i tried on the photos

Larry C. Thanks! I am not going to post too much more I guess. This has been my exp. with forums. I am a 50 year veteran collector and have owned upwards of 200 helmets, uniforms, footwear etc from every nation in the world from WWI to Iraq as well as a ton of Civil War items. You are correct about the passion over size. I've been lucky to have both.

In the the mean time I just wanted to share and clear up some things. Didn't expect to get slammed. So.... Thanks for your intervention. Sorry it couldn't have ended with some genuine comradship. That TRULY is what forums are for.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss  dutch helmet
    P
    Many

Let it cool down and continue to post in a supportive manner..all of here have different personalities and come from many cultural backgrounds where text just does not show tone in words and can be misconstrued.

its all good but would like to see this thread progress cooly
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Not Sure how I could have been any cooler. I followed up with a commitment to a suggestion to take a pic of the helmet with a recent dated journal. Being called out for it cannot be construed as a misunderstanding. Got my back up. No excuses no apologies. Just thanking you for stepping in. No more, no less.

Wow this topic turned into a one man show of repeating posts. Time to hit the ignore button , that Always works.

Quote by mclarke921 View Post
    Larry C. Thanks! I am not going to post too much more I guess. This has been my exp. with forums. I am a 50 year veteran collector and have owned upwards of 200 helmets, uniforms, footwear etc from every nation in the world from WWI to Iraq as well as a ton of Civil War items. You are correct about the passion over size. I've been lucky to have both.

In the the mean time I just wanted to share and clear up some things. Didn't expect to get slammed. So.... Thanks for your intervention. Sorry it couldn't have ended with some genuine comradship. That TRULY is what forums are for.
    So Much for not posting too much more and posting irrelevant photos unrelated to the forum topic. Those posts are now soft deleted
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

This thread unfortunately began well with a rare Dutch helmet only to end with unrelated images to instigate further nit picking.

50 years in collecting does not produce such threads that refuse to grow from any mistakes made and continue to pursue being a victim when in turn all who are on this thread ARE the victims themselves. I sent you a PM advising you to cool down and reserve yourself and you have continued to post and bait by using unrelated topic photos.

This is it and its done.
    So many deleted posts and all for what ?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8