Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS ET M40 camo

Article about: by 4thskorpion As requested And I thank you. :-)

?

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    As requested
    And I thank you. :-)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS ET M40 camo
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Dean View Post
    Also Doug, I'm sure you're not watching ice skating so you can check out the nice flexible ladies in tights. .. I'm not judging you..
    Oh go ahead and judge away! There is a popular show in Canada called Battle of the Blades where they take 8 retired NHL hockey players and pair them with champion figure skaters and they compete in an elimination style event for several weeks. I've never watched it before and after the NHL preseason game between the Leafs and Wings (which sucked because hardly any NHL players were playing and sucked even more because the Leafs won) was over CBC had a two hour special promoting season 4 which starts next week, by showing the best of the prior 3 seasons. I had never watched it before and as said, desperate for a hockey fix, NHL players were there, including one of my all time favorites Bob Probert (rest in peace). So decided to A- watch the show, B- finish my 2 fingers of Captain Morgan Private Stock, and C- post a helmet. Not necessarily in that order.

I was really taken by the show and the way these players adapted to figure skating. The show was done in a documentary style I enjoy and so I sat back and took it all in. I have an appreciation for dance, my daughter dances competitively and I know the hard work and talent it takes, so yes I was watching appreciating the skill and talent and competitiveness on display.

....and yes the (female) figure skaters are easy on the eyes as well...

?

Quote by DTVPKING View Post
    Was it a double decal?
    No signs of a party decal, which I would not expect as M40 DD ET SS helmets are exceedingly rare. I have had several through my hands and enjoy a nice one now that has been in my collection for some time.

?

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    You know Doug I have been thinking about this all morning and it would be a shame for you to have display this poor old beat up lid with all your other helmets on the wall wont it just be taking up space
    I would be more than happy to display it for you at my house I can promise you it will be on the top shelf well looked after dusted regularly

Regards Mark K
    Mark it fits perfectly on the shelf where the other SS camos reside. :-). But I kindly thank you for the offer my friend. If you ever make it this way I would be happy to give you a hands on tour of that shelf. It's about 16 or so of the finest in all helmetdom LOL.

Nope! Er.... What I really meant was yep. These camo's are as rare as hen's teeth, and this one is a gem. The battle damage in my opinion is a plus with it, it doesn't detract at all from the display appeal, and is a testament to violence and horror of War. It is good to see a real one every so often. Best regards, Jim G.

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I was getting my sceptical face ready when I saw the title, I'm glad I discovered it was you who posted it Doug. Tres bon
    My oh my Andy, you are turning into quite the grizzled olde skeptic now aren't you LOL!

Thank you gents for the compliments. This helmet is a good study in what a well worn multi-layer camo looks like.

But a previous poster mentioned the "well worn down decal". Yes, this decal is a study in the correct construction of a real SS decal and shows field wear and the layering critical in what a real SS decal should be.

Cheers thanks again for the compliments.

?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Nope! Er.... What I really meant was yep. These camo's are as rare as hen's teeth, and this one is a gem. The battle damage in my opinion is a plus with it, it doesn't detract at all from the display appeal, and is a testament to violence and horror of War. It is good to see a real one every so often. Best regards, Jim G.
    Hey Jim, your right on (as usual)! The display quality is unaffected and is also very striking at the same time, for the exact reasons you mention. Thanks for the kudos.

?

Quote by SSamir View Post
    A pleasure to look at and to have. My complimentSS
    Thanks Samir, and I love the new avatar brother!

?

IMO Doug I think for me that has to be the sweetest SS helmet I have seen to date my compliments sir.
    Possibly in the spring Doug as I am back up working in the patch again four on one off I could make it up that way for a day

Regards Mark K

?

Let me know Mark!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast