Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS first pattern helmet cover

Article about: From the covers I own this is surely my preferred. Francesco

Default Re: SS first pattern helmet cover

This is a very interesting thread indeed. ostlanddigger, you have made some good points and Francesco has as well.

Helmet covers is not my specialty but i have always been quite fond of them and like to learn more due to the controversy that surround them. Is it real or fake? The studs or hooks don't look correct. There is not much room for error on a cover and unfortunately this subject is not covered enough with prime examples of original's.

This particular thread grabs my attention and am enjoying in it very much.

rgds, Ty

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS first pattern helmet cover
    P
    Many

Ostlandigger,take the pictures to the spring is near to impossible.I have try but them are not good.Aniway I have take some other pictures to the cover so you can see as an original cover need to be!!
    Oh my god........wat a bad English is mine
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS first pattern helmet cover   SS first pattern helmet cover  

SS first pattern helmet cover   SS first pattern helmet cover  

SS first pattern helmet cover  

?

Hi Francesco , please excuse my ignorance , but has it been put in a washing machine , the stitching looks very clean in your photos ?

cheers Al

enyway its not what i expected to see.looking on to wearing traces and material allowercondition from both sides,i dont believe in this.material from both sides lost color very similarly:but in practis soldiers moustly newer reversed it(not newer,but moustly)so corect.moustly they just put this cover on helmet and used the same side until it became KAPUT or was blown away from closeup bombardment(one of my old friend legionier lost his cover right this way.waves.one side wearing makes one side always more damaged,more lost color etc than other.this one looks to be corectly reversed few times minimum- spending hours under sun,because both sides looks very similar loosing of color.but i still can,t see those traces of active wearing,for example:front part-usualy touched to take off helmet.material,threds,stiching looks brand new there.there are some more details on this wich confused me,but dont listen what i am murmuring.somebody must be scepticist-well,sometimes it,s me.pics of spring did,nt help,maybe because of flashlight.but i decide to stop my talking.once again,it,s just my opinion.

Quote by ALLERBERGER View Post
    Hi Francesco , please excuse my ignorance , but has it been put in a washing machine , the stitching looks very clean in your photos ?

cheers Al
    Hi Al,
    no,the cover is not washed.The clear thread is also visible in period pictures.

Cheers
    Francesco

Ostlanddigger,this is also my last post here.
    I have seen one dozen of cover in one of the biggest collection here in Europe
    and most of them came directly from SS Dutch vet.Most of them are in the same condition of mine.
    Of course,you have your idea but I belive you have to think on.This cover has been posted in all the internetional Forums.I do not belive you are the only one
    to have experience in this field.All the collectors around the world absolutely like this cover and some of these are the most knowed advanced collector.
    You are the ONLY one that do not like this............think on....

no problem Francesco.ewerybody has their right to opinion..i,ll keep mine,you keep your,s.best rgds-Ostlanddigger

?

Hi Francesco , please do not take my question the wrong way , i have no wish to be negative , i have no experience of these and am trying to expand my knowledge , and i thank you for showing your items the point i was making ( from looking at your photos ) is that the stitching looks very white for an item of cloth that is 60 + years old , folded internally or not . Sometimes photos give a very false impression of colour etc. Please do not leave the forum because of a couple of questions . I would really like to see some more of your collection cheers Al

Hi Al,I'm happy to reply to all the questions also if is not so easy to explain what i would say with my bad English.
    The thread is no white.I'll try to take some better pictures Saturday or Sunday,when I'm at home with the sun light.Will be more difficult to capture the real therad color with a digital camera.
    Aniway,give a look also to this SS sidecap.Also on this one the thread is clear but the cap is 100% good.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS first pattern helmet cover   SS first pattern helmet cover  

?

Hi Francesco, thanks for your reply , and by the way , your english is very good That is a great looking cap ( if you don`t want it i,ll send you my address ) Can you show a photo of the lining ?

cheers Al

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast