Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS foreign volunteer relic helmet

Article about: I’m by no means a expert in ss decals and being a relic I find it more challenging, it I have a odd feeling about it, it looks like the decal was put over pitting What do you guys think? The

Hi, well from what i can see the central parts of the runes appear to be running at different angles! The breaks are to soft for a Pocher and the left rune does not look like an ET either, maybe it has been heavily "touched up" but I am not keen on it at all personally. Leon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS foreign volunteer relic helmet
    P
    Many

The runes are very strange - maybe it's just the photo but the left side looks ET and right side looks Pocher - like Leon says the angles are all over the place!
    The decal looks like it's trying to be a Pocher, but the edges of the breaks are suspiciously worn away (aren't they always) and I agree they don't look sharp enough. The base of the shield also doesn't look sharp enough.
    We know SE didn't make SS helmets, but was this the same for foreign volunteers?
    Nick

The siegrunes on this shell look a bit too fat for my liking.

MAP
    ?

I had the same thoughts as everyone above. I spent 1/2 hour last night trying to manipulate the photo. But due to the condition of the decal, scrubbing of the helmet, and photo quality is making it very hard to evaluate. All key areas that I would look at are partially obscured to a greater or lesser extent. Angles, thickness, breaks, etc.

One thing is that if this was a Pocher, it should be layered and I see no evidence of this from the photos
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for all the input fellas I’ll probably just pass on this one than, weren’t hkp maker helmets more late war?

MAP
    ?

I would say around mid war (41/42). They switched to HKP during the end of the M40 production

This is off the top of my head so might be off by a year or two

If you look at Frank's lot # database you can see the transition
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2