MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Heimwehr Danzig helmet

Article about: I accidentally deleted the thread using Forum Runner app for the iPhone, so here it is again, the helmet nobody thought existed. Also published in the Baer book, this is the SS-Heimwehr Danz

?

Default SS Heimwehr Danzig helmet

I accidentally deleted the thread using Forum Runner app for the iPhone, so here it is again, the helmet nobody thought existed. Also published in the Baer book, this is the SS-Heimwehr Danzig helmet, in relic condition found in Danzig unearthed at a battle site. It is an ET64 but the lot number is impossible to read. It is named as well. Extreme magnification shows the splintering of the decal where the bullet or shrapnel hole is, and matches a period pic (see my avatar) and interestingly enough a Deschler skull.

Cheers
    Doug

Attachment 529870

Attachment 529871

Attachment 529872

Attachment 529873

Attachment 529874

Attachment 529875

Attachment 529876

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Heimwehr Danzig helmet
    P
    Many

Default re: SS Heimwehr Danzig helmet

I remember it well,who couldn't!!! What a stunning piece of history,even on your "wall" Doug, this one stands out as special! Leon.

?

This helmet is at the right place now.

?

Probably one of the best relic lid finds ever !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Congratulations! The condition of the helmet is nice, for an relic. Do you know when it was un-earthed?

?

Congrads on a one of a kind SS. That TK decal is soooo bad asss.

For some reason it has lines of an EF, rather than an ET.

Samir

Very nice helmet indeed.

Doug,
    the whole Danzig-SS connection is a great historical topic, and you've got a helmet here that speaks volumes. I may have mentioned this before in the old thread; Ludwig Baer's face lit up when he held this in his hands. He recounted a story of a detachment / unit of German TV who he said were outfitted with these and sent on the ship "Deutschland" to augment SS-Heimwehr-Danzig for the Polish invasion. According to him, they were decimated almost to a man, making these helmets particularly rare. If one assumes this to be accurate, that may account for the particular "Deschler" appearance of these skulls-- a modernized SS version of the TK... whereas the SS-H-D were wearing stylized "Danziger" skulls in many of their pics. Intersting to ponder, imminently historic and super NICE helmet. Regards, Kelly

?

Thanks Kelly, great information and would explain the Deschler appearance to the skull vs the Danziger, as seen on other SS-HD helmets and makes perfect sense.

Quote by Kelly H View Post
    Doug,
    the whole Danzig-SS connection is a great historical topic, and you've got a helmet here that speaks volumes. I may have mentioned this before in the old thread; Ludwig Baer's face lit up when he held this in his hands. He recounted a story of a detachment / unit of German TV who he said were outfitted with these and sent on the ship "Deutschland" to augment SS-Heimwehr-Danzig for the Polish invasion. According to him, they were decimated almost to a man, making these helmets particularly rare. If one assumes this to be accurate, that may account for the particular "Deschler" appearance of these skulls-- a modernized SS version of the TK... whereas the SS-H-D were wearing stylized "Danziger" skulls in many of their pics. Intersting to ponder, imminently historic and super NICE helmet. Regards, Kelly
    G'day Kelly, do you have any pics of the as you stated"the modernized version" of the TK on a helmet? i have seen numerous versions of fake Decals but i don't think i've ever seen a real one.

Regards Phill.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast