Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ss helm and cap

Article about: Agreed,truly terrible fakes!

Default ss helm and cap

Hi All...what are the opinions here...thanks, Elliott
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ss helm and cap   ss helm and cap  

ss helm and cap   ss helm and cap  

ss helm and cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ss helm and cap
    P
    Many

Default Re: ss helm and cap

Nothing good about these, walk away

The Edelweiss may have a chance !

EDIT: I think the Edelweiss is a good one, compare to an old one of mine

Both items are bad.

The trapezoid cap patch is probably the worst fake I have ever seen, the detail and quality of an original is completely absent. Not to mention that the eagle is way too fat. I doubt those tiny wings could lift him 6 inches off the ground poor thing. And the skull looks like something straight off of an episode of Spongebob Squarepants.

ss helm and cap

I agree, the trap is awful !! Do you think the Edelweiss has a chance ???

Opinions? ........... well Elliot, if you don't yet own them, DON'T whatever you do buy them!
    If you DO own them then "sorry mein freund, sie ar nicht gut"!!

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Helmet decal is fake. Cap is fake, trapezoid is fake. Wouldn't have them if you gave them to me.

Thanks ALL for the help and comments...I have not purchased these....I am looking learning and LISTENING...I have gotten some reference material and am searching for things that will teach me about the proper materials and workmanship...unfortunately most of what I come across outside of shows and other peoples collections are articles as these...I am willing to be patient and learn "grasshopper" but will be super when I've learned enough to pick out my first real items based on what I have learned...lots of "stuff" out there with great "stories" but the truth is difficult...

Horrible horrible fakes.
    Morris

?

A truly horrible SS Decal one of the worst i've seen and the trapazoid is on the same level
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by bergspyder View Post
    Thanks ALL for the help and comments...I have not purchased these....I am looking learning and LISTENING...I have gotten some reference material and am searching for things that will teach me about the proper materials and workmanship...unfortunately most of what I come across outside of shows and other peoples collections are articles as these...I am willing to be patient and learn "grasshopper" but will be super when I've learned enough to pick out my first real items based on what I have learned...lots of "stuff" out there with great "stories" but the truth is difficult...
    It wasn't too long ago that I started from scratch to. A good way to learn about a certain type of item is by constantly looking at originals, hundreds of pictures. Even better, if not the best way, is by handling originals, since it involves 4 senses as opposed to only 1. The details, shape, feel, smell, look, construction will start to be embedded in your mind, as your knowledge and familiarity with the piece increases. Books are great for information, but handling the real thing is what really counts. Find a trusted collector near you, or go to a militaria show and examine the originals. This is what I was told when I first started out, and it is some of the best advice I have ever received on this forum.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast