Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Helmet?

Article about: I came across this a few years ago on an auction site and have ever since wondered if it had been real, the decal apparently measured 40x33mm and was positioned 3mm under the vent. I don't h

?

Default SS Helmet?

I came across this a few years ago on an auction site and have ever since wondered if it had been real, the decal apparently measured 40x33mm and was positioned 3mm under the vent. I don't have much experience in this field and was wondering if anyone could help out, thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Helmet?   SS Helmet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Helmet?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Helmet?

A Pocher Runic decal on an M42 is a red flag.

?

Glad you said that, it went for like £215 in the end, would regret having let an original go by for so little. Is there anything wrong with the decal though, I haven't found any flaws with it on its own. I don't have much experience in this field but I'd be interested in finding out so I don't end up a cropper one day, regards Matt

Agreed, fake Pocher. Angled picture was probably taken to throw the buyers off.

Regards, Corey

?

A fake Pocher indeed!

?

Thanks, I was a little suspicious when he said how they looked in the sun as I'd come across sources mentioning how true SS decals reflect the suns light or something along those lines
    Regards Matt

?

That's not really true but I know how that is thought of due to the metallic pulver of the shield. Fakes typically use a ground aluminum pulver which does the same thing. It's a vast oversimplification however.
    Either way yes this is a fake.

?

Yeah I see what you mean, even the fakes shine in the sun. Its good to know I hadn't missed out on it. I haven't been lucky enough to be able to handle an original, how do they differ from the ground aluminium? From the pictures I've seen of them they seem to be made up of longer strands almost like molten metal thats cooling down if you get what I mean.
    Regards Matt

?

The real pulver is a complex mixture of different metallic composites including an anti rusting agent that the fakers never get right.

?

Good to know there are at least a few barriers left in the way of fakers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast