Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

SS Helmet

Article about: I'm pretty new to this forum and should mention I know pretty much nothing about German militaria. That being said I thought I would share some pictures of my Grandpa's helmet. My Grandpa wa

Default SS Helmet

I'm pretty new to this forum and should mention I know pretty much nothing about German militaria. That being said I thought I would share some pictures of my Grandpa's helmet. My Grandpa was in a medical unit attached to the 4th armored division in Patton's 3rd army. While he was in Europe he picked up a few souvenirs, one being this German SS helmet. I know nothing about this helmet other than the fact that my Grandpa found it on the side of the road during the war and sent it home, so if anyone could tell me some information based on the picture provided that would be greatly appreciated! Sorry for the quality of the pictures, I wasn't using my camera so had to make do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Helmet

I would bet the shell markings are ET64 or ckl64? You will find the markings at the rear of the interior skirt, and possibly at the left side of the skirt too, depending onthe point in the war it was made. It is a model 1942 (M42) helmet, made at the Eisenhuttenwerke factory in Thale, Germany. It is also, very nice indeed and I would like it on my shelf

Its a fake !!!! ............................joke ! Looks good to me ! M42 EF is it ???

Thank you for the info! The helmet is not for sale. My Grandpa has turned down some pretty good offers for it including 2 regular German helmets as trade. He wants to pass it on to me and my brother knowing that we would appreciate it.

I wasn't trying to get it off you, just admiring It's very cool that you have such a piece AND that it comes from your Grandpa. What are the shell markings may I ask?

I wish I could tell you. I live in Texas and flew up to Wisconsin this past weekend to hear my Grandpa give a speech about the concentration camps he saw during the war. I only snapped these few pictures the morning I left and I'm now back in Texas. I wish I had more pic but these will have to do.

That’s worth half a dozen random SS helms with no provenance in my opinion, the family connection is priceless!!! Take care of it and keep it your family!!!

Thank you, I agree!

?

Agreed. Looks more like a ckl shell. Decal looks promising. Decal is everything in with SS helmets. Best to take straight on clear shots in macro mode if you want a more positive evaluation.

Lol - will you and your brother saw it in half down the middle,
    or length-wise from the top - and who gets the half
    with the decal ?

A really great helmet, thanks for posting.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast