Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

SS Helmet!!!

Article about: Gents Does this stand a chance? I doubt it very much, chin strap described as repro, says rest is original (its says good year on my tyres, its not been so far!!) if it turns out ok its chea

Default SS Helmet!!!

Gents

Does this stand a chance? I doubt it very much, chin strap described as repro, says rest is original (its says good year on my tyres, its not been so far!!) if it turns out ok its cheap for an SS and I will divulge the seller but I am not holding my breath lol

- - ------- - -

Is the liner a norwegian one?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Helmet!!!   SS Helmet!!!  

SS Helmet!!!   SS Helmet!!!  

Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Helmet!!!
    P
    Many

maaaaybe, but I'm not that keen on the shape of the shield itself. The liner looks like a good German one, it still has the aluminium leather pins around the edge - the Norwegians replaced them with brass. Probably just treated with something IMO.

Oh well if it did turn out original it could be a cheap helmet for some one
    Ben

?

I don't like what I see. Decal doesn't look convincing. Strap is bad. Liner looks like it has been treated, may not even be the original one to the helmet. I would just walk away.

I dont collect helmets, I posted it so if it was any good it was a cheapish SS helmet for someone. Thanks for the comment guys

- - ------- - -

BTW something that I will never do again, 115 views 2 comments!
    Ben

Hi Ben , I must admit that I do not like the decal shape either , looks to long and the bottom "curves " seem to straight. Looking at the pictures It is hard to be sure if this is an M35 or M40 , but I think it is an M35 as it has "square bales" for the chinstrap. That being the case the lot number for an M35,SE?? 3514 suggests a double decal HEER helmet. There is no M40 with that lot number that I can find. All in all I would say this points to it NOT being SS. Leon.

From the splotchy appearance of the liner darkening and it's not being universally covering of the entire thing, I would tend to believe that the darkening is from blood contact...but that's just me, of course...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

That's a bad decal.

At least it's not a 1/6 scale GI Joe type helmet.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.