Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SS Helmet

Article about: Leon it's a difficult one to spot. The Pocher runes have no internal 1mm border indicative of correct early Pochers, note the flare on the inside tip of the right rune, and the print/ink. Gr

?

Quote by SSamir View Post
    I took a quick look at it, did look suspicious, but either way I knew it wasn't a good one.
    Its a real small one ;-)

If youve never owned an Edelstahl or Thalestahl you wont know what to look for in a good one I am afraid. These are quite different from combat helmets.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Helmet
    P
    Many

?

Yes, Ive owned one of these with the typical Pochers. When you look at the photos, especially from your mobile phone, the pic taken with what appears to be high depth of field. I still advised the buyer to stay away.

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Great thread and, of course, a great looking SS double decal for little people I mean, I knew people were smaller back then due to harsher living conditions etc. but I never imagined anything like this --- truly a revelation... these particular divisions of SS soldiers couldn't have been much of a match going up against full sized Russian soldiers on the eastern front I imagine... Slow advancing too, I'm sure... probably averaging about 10-15 metres a day, tops --- their tiny tanks and transport vehicles were probably pretty fuel efficient though
    Actually I understand these troops were transported by panzerkampf-wagons. They were children's wagons repurposed for the war effort.

?

Quote by SSamir View Post
    Yes, Ive owned one of these with the typical Pochers. When you look at the photos, especially from your mobile phone, the pic taken with what appears to be high depth of field. I still advised the buyer to stay away.
    The liner is the critical part, and chinstrap. Again why good closeups are needed! Good thing you didn't tell the guy to buy it LOL!
    Also best not make judgements with mobile phones on these either. Large field of vision is needed to spot the details, like the liner. Just some friendly advice my friend.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    The liner is the critical part, and chinstrap. Again why good closeups are needed! Good thing you didn't tell the guy to buy it LOL!
    Also best not make judgements with mobile phones on these either. Large field of vision is needed to spot the details, like the liner. Just some friendly advice my friend.
    Honestly I did not look at the liner shot. Didn't feel that there was a need to because I already didn't like what I see, and felt that there was no need to further investigate.

Yes, Doug, it is excellent advice, thank you.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Your absolutely correct Doug. Its a bad habit I need to kick. I will start taking my ipad with me to work.

?

I have made incorrect assertions myself using the iPhone. Bigger = better.

?

I can't see why all of you are saying its a fake,to me its a perfectly legit 1/6th Dragon helmet

?

Not sur e if this is the one
    Last edited by SSamir; 10-18-2013 at 03:38 PM.

Oh man! It is only the party shield that I would have been able to spot here , mainly because of the large chip under the decals surface and that odd black/red border. That "POCHER" type decal is a real top end job that I doubt I would have been able to spot!! I hope Bob can get his hard earned back. Leon.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast